Tab Size Help on 2019 23 DV

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m picking up a bucket of used tire lead this week and was going to play with putting some weight in the bow. Cooper 12x18 tabs are 12” chord x 18” span?
Yes, had tabs fabed with a bit heavier gauge and attached to original Lenco
I’m picking up a bucket of used tire lead this week and was going to play with putting some weight in the bow. Cooper 12x18 tabs are 12” chord x 18” span?
Yes, had new plates fabbed from heavier gauge and attached to original Lenco actuators. Did the mod 3 or 4 years ago, they work great and holding up well.

Yes, had tabs fabed with a bit heavier gauge and attached to original Lenco

Yes, had new plates fabbed from heavier gauge and attached to original Lenco actuators. Did the mod 3 or 4 years ago, they work great and holding up well.
Can you snap a pic of your tabs please? Did you just bolt through the originals? That would be pretty easy to do.

Thanks Cooper! Any issues w/ the tabs being offset to the mounting point of the actuator? Looks perfect. I’m planning to move batteries forward into the center console and have new tab plates made like these this winter.

I will move my batteries up to the center console this winter and I had 18” x 12” tabs made that I will bolt underneath the existing ones.

Ended up having 12x18 blades made and mounted to the stock tabs through existing holes. I also moved the batteries forward to the center console. Goes back in the water next week.

Attachments

• 2DF7E476-473E-451B-BC46-5AE424CCE6AB.jpeg
    2DF7E476-473E-451B-BC46-5AE424CCE6AB.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 43
  • 1411997B-9CB1-4D94-9FCE-F670F1C4E2CB.jpeg
    1411997B-9CB1-4D94-9FCE-F670F1C4E2CB.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 43
I think I would try to move some weight forward....... all Parker boats behave poorly with weight behind the leaning post. Try to move your ice box up front and you might find that you don't need to change the trim tabs at all.

As you can see, I built this 250qt cooler to address the exact problems you are now having.
As Jim said ^^^^^^^, move your weight forward. The trim tabs only need to be used to make small adjustments as people and weight moves laterally (port to starboard and vise versa) to keep a level running attitude. Other than small adjustments, I never use the trim tabs on my 23DVCC.

If your DVCC has the forward seating, then "yes" you can use them to hold fish. They are about 160 quarts each but they aren't terribly well insulated. If you are fishing north of, say Long Island where it doesn't get too hot and the water is relatively cool as compared to Florida, then you might be fine by throwing 100lb of ice into each seat/hold. For me, I had to insulate the seats/holds by drilling a 2" hole forward of the seat/hold and pour 2-part expanding foam into the empty space between the fiberglass mold of the hold and the floor of the boat. It took about 1 gallon of mixed foam to fill the void.

And as you have also seen, you can put a cooler forward of the console in front of the console seat.

As Jim said, don't use that fish box located in front of the motor for anything other than small gear (ropes, gaff, maybe some fishing tackle)

You shouldn't need to use your trim tabs at all. And install a Permatrim if you continue to have problems plan
As Jim said ^^^^^^^, move your weight forward. The trim tabs only need to be used to make small adjustments as people and weight moves laterally (port to starboard and vise versa) to keep a level running attitude. Other than small adjustments, I never use the trim tabs on my 23DVCC.

If your DVCC has the forward seating, then "yes" you can use them to hold fish. They are about 160 quarts each but they aren't terribly well insulated. If you are fishing north of, say Long Island where it doesn't get too hot and the water is relatively cool as compared to Florida, then you might be fine by throwing 100lb of ice into each seat/hold. For me, I had to insulate the seats/holds by drilling a 2" hole forward of the seat/hold and pour 2-part expanding foam into the empty space between the fiberglass mold of the hold and the floor of the boat. It took about 1 gallon of mixed foam to fill the void.

And as you have also seen, you can put a cooler forward of the console in front of the console seat.

As Jim said, don't use that fish box located in front of the motor for anything other than small gear (ropes, gaff, maybe some fishing tackle)

You shouldn't need to use your trim tabs at all. And install a Permatrim if you continue to have problems planing or maintaining a level running attitude. When I ran a F250 3.3l Yamaha on the 23DVCC, I felt the Permatrim made a noticeable difference ..... a real improvement. But now that I've installed a F300 4.2l, I don't feel that Permatrim made much of a noticeable difference.

There's also a huge storage area under the deck, in front of the console that you can put lots and lots of stuff into (weight)
I am on the same page as you with weight distribution in my 23DVCC. Cast nets in the starboard forward hatch, large cooler up front. Half tank of fuel. Transom box with light items only. Engine tucked in except running in shallow water. Rarely need to use the trim tabs.
ing or maintaining a level running attitude. When I ran a F250 3.3l Yamaha on the 23DVCC, I felt the Permatrim made a noticeable difference ..... a real improvement. But now that I've installed a F300 4.2l, I don't feel that Permatrim made much of a noticeable difference.

There's also a huge storage area under the deck, in front of the console that you can put lots and lots of stuff into (weight)

Attachments

• 20201123_162456.jpg
    20201123_162456.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
Batteries in front of center console.

Attachments

• 4E034180-72CF-4F06-97C4-A5B631CA73D2.jpeg
    4E034180-72CF-4F06-97C4-A5B631CA73D2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
In my 11 years and 2200 hours in my 23DVCC I run with 50 gallons of fuel, large cooler with ice up front, 3 castnets starboard forward hatch, tackle, and assorted items port hatch. 300 Yamaha up 1 hole, 15×17 prop, light items in the stern, 2 to 4 adults, motor down 100% except shallow water, rarely need the trim tabs.

Back