tackle storage/work surface 2021 2520 Ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Realtor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the "No Storage" issues on the deck of my 2520, I've been thinking of designing any building a "Tackle Island" so to speak. Something like 2 Ft with X 3 Ft long centered in the fishing cockpit. Something I can remove when I want deck space at the sand bars, and something I can put back in for the offshore trips. Picture is the boat...
😉
Have any of you done anything like this? Looking for ideas....20211130_150438.jpg

What kind of tackle? If you go with a simple bait tank (I run mine off the wash down pump), it can be light enough to remove easily. Bolt other tackle containers to it in some manner. The water will make it plenty stable. I use shelf liner under it. My execution is not beautiful, but it is soooo functional. I was trying to keep it tough and simple so I didn't have to obsess over it in the garage. Just throw it in there and stack things on it. I will post pics tomorrow. Good luck!

I'm not sure how much storage you're looking for; but, I built the tray holding 6 Plano boxes and utilized otherwise wasted space behind the Helm seat. I keep my weights (4-16oz bank and egg) in 2 plastic coffee cans under the the tray. I also bought and installed the drawers pictured from Tackle/Boat Storage DRW-2M Large Drawer Set | Marine, Boating And Fishing Accessories

View attachment 31771
Now that is one sweet idea. I just throw a few tackle boxes on the floor behind the seat, what ever ones I’m using the most that day. Definitely going to use your idea, thanks for sharing

What kind of tackle? If you go with a simple bait tank (I run mine off the wash down pump), it can be light enough to remove easily. Bolt other tackle containers to it in some manner. The water will make it plenty stable. I use shelf liner under it. My execution is not beautiful, but it is soooo functional. I was trying to keep it tough and simple so I didn't have to obsess over it in the garage. Just throw it in there and stack things on it. I will post pics tomorrow. Good luck!

Everything from a fighting belt, Pliers, sinkers, lures, and a couple rod holders. I also want a work surface. I don't use alot of live bait, so a bait tank would be a waste for me..

16401918129094743884269054547043.jpg
Gotcha. This would be no use for you then. May give someone else an idea. It added six rod holders (for trailering), 2 cup holders for sinkers, spoons, hook remover and pliers/boga grip, plus bait net. And then you yank it out and leave no evidence when you hit the sandbar. Whole thing only weighs 30- 40 pounds, so I still put a few inches of well water in it before I leave home. It would get top heavy with big rods in the holders. This is a Moeller 40 gallon tank, 140ish bucks, plus fittings and whatever accessories you bolt to it.
Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
I had this made for my 2320. Different purpose, but same approach. Had it built by a local starboard cnc shop for about $800. Going to mount with Kennedy tie down through bolts (definitely check their website out) to facilitate the deck being modular. Boat coming in today so I'll get it mounted and can have more pictures in a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_172751_383.jpg
    IMG_20211022_172751_383.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 135
With the "No Storage" issues on the deck of my 2520, I've been thinking of designing any building a "Tackle Island" so to speak. Something like 2 Ft with X 3 Ft long centered in the fishing cockpit. Something I can remove when I want deck space at the sand bars, and something I can put back in for the offshore trips. Picture is the boat...
😉
Have any of you done anything like this? Looking for ideas....View attachment 31770
I like that bow support on the trailer. Something you cooked up or did you buy ‘off the shelf?’

I like that bow support on the trailer. Something you cooked up or did you buy ‘off the shelf?’
You should check out pacific trailers in chino CA. The bigger trailers have this type of bow support and they last for decades. I have two of them and they hold the boat very well when going down the road. Especially the 405 freeway.

lol Here's a picture of the calamity of what ever the fruitcake was going on with this mess when I went to pick it up. I returned it to the dealership within hours... they made it right with the rework and reposition of the elements. Not to mention, when you used the trailer jack, you busted your knuckles on the winch handle, depending on position.. yeah, that was a mess I figured the dealership should have seen prior to my arrival....

20210602_181056.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s what I made for my 2520

Attachments

• 01D55995-0003-4D04-A5AE-E26DACCBF09A.jpeg
    01D55995-0003-4D04-A5AE-E26DACCBF09A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Back