tell tale no water at all

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerronzo

Reaction score
nothing at all no water is coming from the tell tale at all i took the hose of thats connected to it is there anything else i can do myself i tryed sticking a thin piece of metal into the piece that the hose connects to maybe only three inches deep how long of a piece of metal can i stick in there or is there something else i can do to fix it thanks .

never checked the gauges but i will now but i took the cowling off the motor to see if i could unclog the hose which didnt work and the engine i though was very hot no alarms went off do u think if i changed the impeller would that work or that has nothing to do with it?

ok nevermind lol i just looked up water pump online its the impeller same thing looks easy to do ill try that tomorow

Were you running on muffs or in the water?

We had an interesting situation the other week where we used to use dual-feed muffs on the V6 motors, but the water pressure looked a tad low in the boat yard. They would not pee using the dual feed muffs ... and we sure didn't leave them running for long to trigger heat alarms.

On a whim, I tried single feed muffs ... they worked, all motors pee'd. And yes, just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I retried the duel feeds and again they wouldn't let the motors pee. Weird ...

As is, I for one use muffs to do nothing but see if the OB would start.

I agree with Dale on running on muffs. I only do it when I need to and for only long enough to test/check what I'm working on. Bad or slow flow can take out the pump due to the material that they are made of. At least that is how I have always known them to be unless they have changed? If you can't see a stream of water out of the tale, DO NOT RUN IT FOR LONG. you will crack something.. Usually the heads. These are Aluminum engines and they do not do well being overheated.

dale this is what i have going on . i took the hose off the tell tale stuck something up in there all i got was like a drop of water to come out so i guess my next step will be to change the impeller. i was running the boat at the dock in the water i never use ears to run the boat . if you have any other ideas or suggestions i would appreciate it thanks in advance. never done it before but i looks easy enough

thanks shawnee just another question after i change the impeller and if i still have no water flow any thoughts or do u think that will do the trick ??

It's been some time since I've change a pump. It was on my old 2stroke Yamaha 115. Besides the pump, the other item that could cause issues on your cooling system would be the Thermostat(s). Not sure if the 150's have 2. My F225 does. I'm betting on the pump with no flow. Do that first, then move to the thermostat. Good luck

thanks again i have a yam. 250 so when i go to the yam. dealer ill ask about the thermostat

If you need help there is a good video on you tube of a guy showing how to replace the impeller on a 250. Good luck with the Woodruff key! If it is stuck I hope you have a dremel moto tool with a fiber cutting wheel. [I'm assuming the 250's have the same Woodruff key as my 150]

There is 2 on that engine. I always change them when I do a water pump service. I think they were like 17 bucks each.

water pump repair kit 111.75 6p2w00780000part number 2 thermostats 38.10 each67f124110100 part number saved 1.300 that i was billed 2 years ago to replace water pump and thermostats after i saw the videos on how to change the thermostats im feeling very pissed off i think that is just not even close to right i do understand they have overhead but the numbers just DO NOT SEAM EVEN CLOSE TO RIGHT ok i vented feel better now lol ill be doing the job tom. after work

Thanks Brett I'm just going to make a jig with wood and some horses

ok heres the deal changed the water pump and the thermostats ran the boat on ears for 5 minutes and STILL NO water from the tell tall not a drop. the only thing that changed this time was that the temp. alarm went off can anybody tell me my next move please

Back