Tempress 6" Pry-Out Replacements?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaway85

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the screw hole pattern in the 6" THMarine pry-out deck plates matches the pattern on the 6" Tempress pry-outs?

The cutout for the THMarine is smaller (6.25") than the cutout for the Tempress (6.75"), so I know it will fit, but having to drill a second set of holes might make the decision on which replacement to go with (the originals are Tempress). I really like the idea of no exposed seams or screws...

What is wrong with your originals? Gaskets are bought separately and cheap. I would not fit smaller plate in bigger cut out. Assuming you have a dry deck over drill your existing holes and fill them with epoxy and than set it on 4200.

I wanted to replace them because the originals are 21 years old and a little beat up, and I like the look and supposed function of the seamless pry-outs, but the hole size difference does worry me.

And yes, as far as I can tell my deck is dry. No soft spots and the exposed wood inside of the pry-outs is all bone-dry. At the very least before the boat's launched I'll be overdrilling, sealing with epoxy, and redrilling all of the holes in the deck. If I don't end up replacing the pry-outs, I'll just do the gaskets.

If I was going to replace them.....The easiest is to install New original stuff. You said it.....They are 21yrs old.

Now if it was a refit....It would get 8in pieholes and the deck cut.....

Have you ever had to work thru a 6in hole that the fuel sender was not in the center of the Piehole? Most are not in the center and a Pain.......A larger Piehole makes working on stuff easier.

Why did the manufacture use 6in and Not 8in ? Because they did not put it together thru that 6in hole and it's cheaper.

Back