The 1801... the right fit for me?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure its up to date on the scheduled maintenance. Lots of things get overloooked because they "look ok". Unless you were given records to prove otherwise consider those items not up to date if ever completed. A yamaha service manual is a good thing to have even if your not capable of the work.

Thanks! Yup all up to date and have records that go back 10 years or so. The inspector went over everything and I have since had my mechanic winterize and check over everything as well. He runs the same motor on 2 of his boats and says it’s in great shape. I’ll be super anal with regular maintenance since it’s an older motor. Realistically I hope to get an other 2-3 years of it and then I’ll most likely re-power at that point. Cheers.

I have a 1994 1800... the past owner was meticulous as I am with maintaining the boat. I re powered last year with a Suzuki 90. Rest of the boat is all original. Of course I check everything daily and will be having my mechanic looking over the entire boat before spring launch. Boats life has always been in saltwater. If you stay on top of things you should be fine. Take her out 15 miles and been in some bad weather. She gets me back no problem. I know how to handle a boat. Been boating since I was very young. Some may say I'm crazy, but then again I run into burning buildings for a living so go figure. Best of luck with your search. If you want to look at mine let me know.
I answered my previous question here about motor HP. I still would like to know:
WOT speed
Cruising speed/rpm
Pro make/size

Thanks and THANK YOU for your service as a firefighter!

I'll tell you what I can. 2015 boat, original 115 HP Yamaha. Low hours (200?). Don't know prop specs, it was original. I almost always fish alone on a medium sized river. WOT high 30's - maybe 37-38 MPH. Cruise can be anything you want it to be. At WOT I burn ~10 GPH, at 5 GPH I run ~30 MPH.

Back