The Parker Lineup is Now Dead

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The features list has a 4K add for an aft/swim platform! What is that mess hanging off the back? I love the rub rail that does nothing back there.
The mess on the back looks like the optional swim platform. If you remove the optional stuff on the boat it looks like the old 21se with a liner and optional bow V seating in place of the casting platform. Tri State Marine stilll has the 2022 21se for sale that we all know and love....

Reactions: Efx
The mess on the back looks like the optional swim platform. If you remove the optional stuff on the boat it looks like the old 21se with a liner and optional bow V seating in place of the casting platform. Tri State Marine stilll has the 2022 21se for sale that we all know and love....
Remove that swim platform and it does look to be a better overall layout. The platform is very out of proportion. Look at dive boats if you want a good swim platform design.

That's what they're replacing the 23dvcc with? Man, what are these people thinking? lol good luck

Pair Marine is the former Sea Ox boats. Due to some legal crap he had to remove the Sea Ox name. Very nice boats and well priced (as far as boats go) for what you get. Pair is quickly getting a following. Could easily fall in where Parker falls off with their new models. Disappointing for the Parker loyalists.
Sea Fox created the 'legal issue'; Sea Ox sounded too much like Sea Fox.
Sea Fox is owned/operated by the same family who made Renken Boats in South Carolina. (Considered Bayliner-or-worse quality)...
(Interesting; Sea Ox had been around for decades, started by Graham Flanagan, Greenville NC; spitting-distance down the road from Grady-White. Flanagan went on to form World Cat in Tarboro, just north of Greenville). Pair Marine is well-respected in this 'neck-of-the-woods' and is locatedin Washington, NC, about 20 miles east of Greenville, NC.... There's a lot of boat-builders in the area and a talented work force.

This Parker factory tour video is from June 2021, and I think shows some sneak peaks inside the new models. Watch the segment from 9:00 minutes to 11:30 minutes. The Parker guy talks about their new all composite stringer design and moving away from using wood. I bet the new fiberglass stringer system is for the new hulls.

I wonder if the ride quality and 'solid' feel will change when they move from wood stringers and floors to all composite?

My 1800 is 24 years old and still has the original floor and transom, with no soft spots or water intrusion. I like the 'classic' designs and am not afraid of wood at all. They talk about how they glass all sides of the transom, stringers, and floor in the video, so the wood is totally encapsulated.

The Parker guy even says "it's not that we're afraid of wood, but through the years everybody is turning over to fibergalss stringers, and for the consumer one of the things they're concerned about is that it's got plywood in it... so now we can mention that it's a complete composite boat." He also mentions the cost savings of being able to eliminate the wood shop and need to stock plywood. This sounds like it's corporate cost savings and marketing driven.

RIP the 'classic' Parkers.

This Parker factory tour video is from June 2021, and I think shows some sneak peaks inside the new models. Watch the segment from 9:00 minutes to 11:30 minutes. The Parker guy talks about their new all composite stringer design and moving away from using wood. I bet the new fiberglass stringer system is for the new hulls.

I wonder if the ride quality and 'solid' feel will change when they move from wood stringers and floors to all composite?

My 1800 is 24 years old and still has the original floor and transom, with no soft spots or water intrusion. I like the 'classic' designs and am not afraid of wood at all. They talk about how they glass all sides of the transom, stringers, and floor in the video, so the wood is totally encapsulated.

The Parker guy even says "it's not that we're afraid of wood, but through the years everybody is turning over to fibergalss stringers, and for the consumer one of the things they're concerned about is that it's got plywood in it... so now we can mention that it's a complete composite boat." He also mentions the cost savings of being able to eliminate the wood shop and need to stock plywood. This sounds like it's corporate cost savings and marketing driven.

I watched that video, and I didn't get the feeling that the man talking about getting rid of the wood was all that happy about the decision to get rid of the wood. Seems to me that he believed the wood was a better system and that the all fiberglass system was being done as a cost saving scheme.

Pair Marine is the former Sea Ox boats. Due to some legal crap he had to remove the Sea Ox name. Very nice boats and well priced (as far as boats go) for what you get. Pair is quickly getting a following. Could easily fall in where Parker falls off with their new models. Disappointing for the Parker loyalists.
The see ox was a nice one as well. I have had 4 different Parker’s and would continue to buy them if they don’t look like that.

I find it interesting at the Parker website hasn’t been updated since 2019

Yea, I did quite a bit of research on the pairs after seeing them and saw that sea ox made them which is suppose to be well known in the Carolinas as a work horse. I work 15 minutes from tri state, haven't stopped by the showroom for a while but at the last big boat show around here ( baltimore convention center, right as covid started) i remeber seeing changes in the Parker that were more family oriented than fishing. I dont know much about the pilot houses but the one at the annapolis show appeared to hold the same classic look

Wow, that's a really ugly Parker--the polar opposite of what is Parker, imo. Jeez.

Last year while fishing in Atlantic Beach I briefly met Parker's new plant manager, or somesuch, at a hotel parking lot when he stopped and asked me how I liked our 1801. I remember he said he ran a plant in FL. Of course I gushed about the boat and how much we loved it and how popular they are among our fisherman friends back home. Seemed like a nice guy. Wonder how he feels about the 22

Maybe that video was in response to this one....

Sooo they're still using plywood for the decks?
On the 'classic' models, yes. The 'classics' still have wood stringers and plywood decks.

The 'new' models seem to have an all composite construction with fiberglass stringers and a drop in deck liner.

On the 'classic' models, yes. The 'classics' still have wood stringers and plywood decks.

The 'new' models seem to have an all composite construction with fiberglass stringers and a drop in deck liner.
Just curious. What do you look at to tell the difference in construction materials?

Just curious. What do you look at to tell the difference in construction materials?
I'm no expert, but on a boat with a drop in floor liner, there is generally less recessed area under the gunwale, because the floor liner also goes up and covers the insides of the hull under the gunwale. Think of it like a Bath Fitters drop in bathtub liner, lol. There is usually some flex in the liner under the gunwale, because that part of the liner is usually thinner for weight savings. You'd feel the flex if you lean your knees against that area when leaning over the side. On a 'classic' Parker the inside of the hull under the gunwale is a sort of wavy chopped glass finish. I imagine that a drop in floor liner will have a nice smooth finish to it. On a wood construction Parker, the hull under the gunwale is solid feeling, because it's solid hull with no liver covering it.

What the new owners are not catching on to…

Is that their true clientele are right her and many more on the fishing forums. They need to come here and ask what the fishermen, divers want.

This is just another “Wally” boat.

What attracted me to Parker, 21 degree hull, big fuel tank, outboard power, solid build, self bailing deck, big fish deck.

I am a big fan of Parker and hate to see them leave their roots. But their "true clientele" are the people who are willing to buy the boats. If they can change the design and sell more boats then it is a good move for THEM. Maybe not for you and me, but for the company. They are in business to make a profit. :>)

• Haha
Reactions: A-K
I am a big fan of Parker and hate to see them leave their roots. But their "true clientele" are the people who are willing to buy the boats. If they can change the design and sell more boats then it is a good move for THEM. Maybe not for you and me, but for the company. They are in business to make a profit. :>)

You should buy one then and let us know how it works out.

Reactions: Efx
Without stepping on the new 22CC personally hard to formulate a full opinion yet. I like the new hardtop with windshield and the blueseas push buttons on the console... all of that is long over due. The transom looks funky for sure... I wish there was a picture looking back at the seats. The move away from wood is a good thing.

Back