The Parker Lineup is Now Dead

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making me feel like i just ordered a expensive sea ray. I wish I would of bought sooner (like 2019ish) when the boats were 15000 cheaper w/ more options. But after some help from members on here I think I like the 2022 21SE lay out better w/out the bow/stern storage/platforms. I just would of liked to see a 8000.00 discount for the boat being ordered w/out those options since they used to be standard I believe.
I'm sticking w/ it's a Parker which is hopefully going to keep a high resale value and reliability. Also it was pretty much the only boat I could get at the moment after calling every maycraft/jones brothers/sea hawk/North coast dealer in nj. And the price may be higher then before but compared to most it's still pretty cheap and the other boats didn't come with trailers and electronics in smae price range. The Parker I ordered appears to be turn key ready to go, just needs some ice/bait/tackle/rods/tools. Of course a minn kota for summer time striper fishin/precise flounder drifts/ toggin. I'm stuck in between the 24v or 36v minn kotas, 36v is definetly the ticket but 24v is much easier on my thin wallet.
Let's just hope our boats that were ordered in 2021 come in the spring of 2022. Just in time for striper/flounder.

I think the 21se will still be solid... At least until they kill it too. Don't forget to add a VHF, unless it comes standard now (didn't last year).

I ended up ordering it with the so so garmin 943 W/ b60 transducer which includes the vhf, Also got the fusion stereo. After some research the b60 transducer is pretty basic nothin special, If my dealer installs the transducer I will probably buy a better one and have them install it instead of b60. Hopefully sell the b60.

I ended up ordering it with the so so garmin 943 W/ b60 transducer which includes the vhf, Also got the fusion stereo. After some research the b60 transducer is pretty basic nothin special, If my dealer installs the transducer I will probably buy a better one and have them install it instead of b60. Hopefully sell the b60.

Electronics on the build sheet come installed from the factory.

I'm in the queue for a 2120SC new build, production start date of May 30. I'm really wondering what's going to show up on delivery day, the things that I thought I was getting or some bastardized version.

Electronics on the build sheet come installed from the factory.
Good info, thanks. I won't be wasting any time looking at transducers now. Just which maps to get since Garmin makes it a PIA to put navionics in. I have a lowrance elite 7 w/ platinum navionics for the areas I fish. Might just use it for a gps since it has the maps I need already there. Maybe someday hook up the triple shot transom mount transducer. I'm trying to not drill any holes for a while.

Also, my experience so far is the load rite / 5 star trailer the 21se comes with is alright. After the one of factory the brakes seized/corroded to the rotor (my trailer sits, boat kept on a lift), I spent the money and installed stainless. Probably could have warrantied but I needed it done now (keys trip) and stainless is the right answer if you're dealing with real salt in my opinion. So maybe budget accordingly if you want to go that route.

Also, my experience so far is the load rite / 5 star trailer the 21se comes with is alright. After the one of factory the brakes seized/corroded to the rotor (my trailer sits, boat kept on a lift), I spent the money and installed stainless. Probably could have warrantied but I needed it done now (keys trip) and stainless is the right answer if you're dealing with real salt in my opinion. So maybe budget accordingly if you want to go that route.
In saltwater applications, stainless brake rotors and pads are the way to go. For torsion arm trailers, check the rating of the factory supplied trailers and upgrade to the next highest weight rating as the factory supplied trailers usually just meet the load requirements that your fully loaded boat will require.

In saltwater applications, stainless brake rotors and pads are the way to go. For torsion arm trailers, check the rating of the factory supplied trailers and upgrade to the next highest weight rating as the factory supplied trailers usually just meet the load requirements that your fully loaded boat will require.
I recently replaced my pads as they were so rusted and crumbled apart. Can you tell me what brand of stainless pads you went with and how they perform?

You guys are making me feel like i just ordered a expensive sea ray. I wish I would of bought sooner (like 2019ish) when the boats were 15000 cheaper w/ more options. But after some help from members on here I think I like the 2022 21SE lay out better w/out the bow/stern storage/platforms. I just would of liked to see a 8000.00 discount for the boat being ordered w/out those options since they used to be standard I believe.
I'm sticking w/ it's a Parker which is hopefully going to keep a high resale value and reliability. Also it was pretty much the only boat I could get at the moment after calling every maycraft/jones brothers/sea hawk/North coast dealer in nj. And the price may be higher then before but compared to most it's still pretty cheap and the other boats didn't come with trailers and electronics in smae price range. The Parker I ordered appears to be turn key ready to go, just needs some ice/bait/tackle/rods/tools. Of course a minn kota for summer time striper fishin/precise flounder drifts/ toggin. I'm stuck in between the 24v or 36v minn kotas, 36v is definetly the ticket but 24v is much easier on my thin wallet.
Let's just hope our boats that were ordered in 2021 come in the spring of 2022. Just in time for striper/flounder.
Best of luck with the new boat. It’s good to see that the powers to be have the option to get rid of that stern seating and bow platform. Gets in the way of ”dance room”. Sorry I ever sold my 21se. Great on the drift, easy on fuel. Trim tabs down,, slow and steady gave me a dry comfortable ride home. Enjoy!

Kodiak SS brake components have been good in my experience. You should get 10 years out of them if you go 100% SS (all components).
I also went Kodiak stainless calipers, pads and slip on rotors. I thought about doing stainless hubs as well, but decided to just go galvanized and keep a spare or two in the truck. Then if I ever have one fail I can just make a roadside swap.

Good info and Thank you, I'm not 100% sure what make the trailer is but pretty sure they said load rite aluminum. I will be trailering for a awhile if not forever. I'm a hour from the water which stinks for crazy high/low tides/storms... while in a slip. Last year was the first year I ever had a boat and didn't keep it in a slip, I liked the option to launch where the fish are.
@ "WildMan" I'm assuming you tried the 24v and it wasn't enough. If your gonna spend the $ on a 24v ya might as well spend some more and get the right setup. I would like to spot lock on wrecks/rubble which is where the 36v will shine for me. Usually takes a little bit to get a chew started then work it for a hour or maybe 3 before heading to next spot. In the back 24v would probably be enough for drift adjustments and casting to the sod/creeks. But for the money I'll just go the 36v after your experience.

Good info and Thank you, I'm not 100% sure what make the trailer is but pretty sure they said load rite aluminum. I will be trailering for a awhile if not forever. I'm a hour from the water which stinks for crazy high/low tides/storms... while in a slip. Last year was the first year I ever had a boat and didn't keep it in a slip, I liked the option to launch where the fish are.
@ "WildMan" I'm assuming you tried the 24v and it wasn't enough. If your gonna spend the $ on a 24v ya might as well spend some more and get the right setup. I would like to spot lock on wrecks/rubble which is where the 36v will shine for me. Usually takes a little bit to get a chew started then work it for a hour or maybe 3 before heading to next spot. In the back 24v would probably be enough for drift adjustments and casting to the sod/creeks. But for the money I'll just go the 36v after your experience.
Yes

I have a load rite trailer that has been through hell.

I regularly tow to the north coast of Washington State. This is like lower Alaska 😂 pot holes everywhere, steep corners, the road is washing out into the ocean in some spots, rocks in the road because they fall from cliffs.

Ive replaced a cross brace, had a hub blow out, brake jobs, multiple tire blow outs.

Both Parker and load rite build some tuff products.

I tow a 2100 DVCC all around NJ/NY and the best investment in my 2021 was spending a few dollars upgrading the trailer to all SS brake system and the Vortex hub system. Vortex claims maintenance free for 100K miles or 6 years whatever comes first. Even though I will not let them go that long without maintenance their design is superior to any other hub system I could find available. And I believe the upgrade was less than $100 per axle. The SS brake upgrade will be around $1K including SS brake lines. It also pays to upgrade the capacity weight of the trailer by 500 lbs or so and get the radial tires (if they are not standard). Once you outfit your boat and gear it up the trailer as spec'd by Parker will be borderline at best.

I'm hoping the trailer comes with radial tires, it is 2022 almost. Those hubs sound great, I religiously touch the hubs at every stop. The ramp I usually use in spring and fall has a hose which is nice for after launching to rinse trailer. And once you pull the boat out you can give the boat and trailer a quick rinse down before heading home. Our ramps aren't like florida, most days you can sit at the ramp for as long as u want even on weekend mornings. That 21dvcc is one sweet ride, very capable. My friend had one and it seems like a 25' and rode great. Inlet was a piece of cake. Definatly rode better then the 23 stieger chesapeke I've been fishing on. Maybe after 3-5 years I'll upgrade to a DV, gotta pay truck loan off and boat loan interest off first...

I'm hoping the trailer comes with radial tires, it is 2022 almost. Those hubs sound great, I religiously touch the hubs at every stop. The ramp I usually use in spring and fall has a hose which is nice for after launching to rinse trailer. And once you pull the boat out you can give the boat and trailer a quick rinse down before heading home. Our ramps aren't like florida, most days you can sit at the ramp for as long as u want even on weekend mornings. That 21dvcc is one sweet ride, very capable. My friend had one and it seems like a 25' and rode great. Inlet was a piece of cake. Definatly rode better then the 23 stieger chesapeke I've been fishing on. Maybe after 3-5 years I'll upgrade to a DV, gotta pay truck loan off and boat loan interest off first...
Unfortunately, not unless they've changed anything. Mine came last year with bias-plys.

I tow a 2100 DVCC all around NJ/NY and the best investment in my 2021 was spending a few dollars upgrading the trailer to all SS brake system and the Vortex hub system. Vortex claims maintenance free for 100K miles or 6 years whatever comes first. Even though I will not let them go that long without maintenance their design is superior to any other hub system I could find available. And I believe the upgrade was less than $100 per axle. The SS brake upgrade will be around $1K including SS brake lines. It also pays to upgrade the capacity weight of the trailer by 500 lbs or so and get the radial tires (if they are not standard). Once you outfit your boat and gear it up the trailer as spec'd by Parker will be borderline at best.

I think I got the Kodiak slip on rotors, calipers and pads from Eastern Marine for just a bit of 1400 bucks shipped for both axles (no hubs). That was about the best pricing I could find this past summer.

People love to bash things on the internet. I don't like the new 22, but's almost certainly not going to be around for long so it's NBD. I thought the 26SH was a great boat, but the price seemed very high (not much less than a Regulator 26XO), hence they're not being made. The 22 will probably be the same, though I really don't understand why Parker is having such a hard time making new boats that are priced reasonably.

The meat of the Parker line up seems to be the pilot houses, and it doesn't seem like those are changing (if anything, they have made small improvements that make them better, like the changes to the transom, adding color to the hulls, better color schemes for the fabric, better looking console set ups). I know some people liked the MVs, but they were strange boats that seem to only appeal to a very narrow category of boater. I have a 2300 and think it's the best big 23 on the market (for the price), and I don't understand why they didn't sell well, but the fact is that they didn't sell well, so Parker did what needed to be done. As long as Parker doesn't mess up the big center consoles or the pilot house boats, the world will go on. Side note: they keep talking about getting away from wood, which I think is bullcrap and a cheap cost-cutting scheme, but as I understand it they continue to use the wood stringer system. I'll be curious what they do in the future, my guess is that there is a lot of infighting in that company as to the correct direction to go.

Back