The Parker Lineup is Now Dead

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People love to bash things on the internet. I don't like the new 22, but's almost certainly not going to be around for long so it's NBD. I thought the 26SH was a great boat, but the price seemed very high (not much less than a Regulator 26XO), hence they're not being made. The 22 will probably be the same, though I really don't understand why Parker is having such a hard time making new boats that are priced reasonably.

The meat of the Parker line up seems to be the pilot houses, and it doesn't seem like those are changing (if anything, they have made small improvements that make them better, like the changes to the transom, adding color to the hulls, better color schemes for the fabric, better looking console set ups). I know some people liked the MVs, but they were strange boats that seem to only appeal to a very narrow category of boater. I have a 2300 and think it's the best big 23 on the market (for the price), and I don't understand why they didn't sell well, but the fact is that they didn't sell well, so Parker did what needed to be done. As long as Parker doesn't mess up the big center consoles or the pilot house boats, the world will go on. Side note: they keep talking about getting away from wood, which I think is bullcrap and a cheap cost-cutting scheme, but as I understand it they continue to use the wood stringer system. I'll be curious what they do in the future, my guess is that there is a lot of infighting in that company as to the correct direction to go.
I'm surprised how many people have pilot house parkers/stiegers in my part of NJ. I don't have any facts but many people here only flounder fish which is May to September. There hot in the summer, act as a sail when drifting, captain can't touch the throttles when fishin to adjust drift, and not much casting room for 2-4 guys. I'd like a pilot house for cold weather/rough seas when trolling for bass out front, long runs for tog, or tuna fishin offshore. A CC is just a good fit for me, we have a good bay striper bite from sometime in march threw december. Mostly casting gulp or hard baits w/ some live baiting as well. I'm hoping the drift of the SE is as described and should drift a little slower once the afternoon SE winds come up. I wonder if a small T-top will affect the drift speed, I'll use a sock when necessary but it's one less thing to clean/dry/store. If she's capable enough I'll go with a minn kota and solve all those problems. Just gotta make sure she can handle inlets w/ wind against the tide and some swells while out front. Good info guys and thank you, I've definalty learned more here then I did at the dealers.

I have a 2300 and think it's the best big 23 on the market (for the price), and I don't understand why they didn't sell well, but the fact is that they didn't sell well, so Parker did what needed to be done.

This is the part that is so confusing to me. I have heard the same thing from others. The local Parker dealer has told me he could sell every 2300DV he could get his hands on. He didn’t understand why it didn’t sell well in other markets.

I have considered selling mine. I had two brokers look at it. I was shocked at the price the recommend listing it for and the “drop dead” number they said I should stick to. They both told me this hull is in high demand and there is very little inventory on the used market.

This is the part that is so confusing to me. I have heard the same thing from others. The local Parker dealer has told me he could sell every 2300DV he could get his hands on. He didn’t understand why it didn’t sell well in other markets.

I have considered selling mine. I had two brokers look at it. I was shocked at the price the recommend listing it for and the “drop dead” number they said I should stick to. They both told me this hull is in high demand and there is very little inventory on the used market.

Is absolutely crazy to me, to me the boat is a superior boat to virtually anything else on the market. I include Regulator in this, because even the Regulator finish is nicer than the Parker, I prefer the way the Parker rides and fishes in the Parker seems like it has more space.

My 2019 is really nice and has a professionally installed 36v trolling motor but if I sold it I'm not sure what I would get that I would like better.

My 2016 2320 has wood coring nearly everywhere. Personally I love the way my wood cored boat feels. There is zero flex anywhere. Just SOLID.

I rode in the composite pilot house boats and I think Parker’s got a slight edge when it comes down to pure strength of the boat.

Back