The Parker Lineup is Now Dead

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
I saw a picture of the new 22ft Parker which reportedly replaces the 21 and 23 ft hulls.

The 22ft is a 2-piece hull with a drop-in liner. Seating in the rear as well as up front. Price tag is $150k. Looks like a SeaHunt.

I have to be honest ..... I'm very disappointed to see the classic lines, classic hulls, basic, no-frills theme designed and instilled by Linwood Parker die when the name was purchased 2 years ago by the ski-boat company.

All of you who own a true Parker will see the value of your investment rise quite a bit in the coming years unless the Parker company gets back on track

Just saw the post about it on THT.

Attachments

• parker 22cc.jpeg
    parker 22cc.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 520
  • parker 22cc2.jpeg
    parker 22cc2.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 506
Well my worst fears have come true. Just like seacraft (potter) and mako (schwebke), we know have the desirable years under Linwood which will be sought after moving forward and increase value too. If they stuck with the simple designs, and improved on little things (wood construction) and made things optional (I still like the ability to pick transoms for example), I think there's room in the market for it. I think that's why Pair Customs (aka Sea Ox) is doing so well with hardcore anglers not looking for gingerbread.

The brand is being diluted, like Whaler, with new management. This stuff is being driven by market research, so they’re not gonna be swayed by opinions other than the new breed of buyer.
You hit the nail on the head. The manufacturer will go after the market where they can sell the most. I had a Ranger Tug and the manufacturer changed the line to be faster and more sleek. Everyone was in an uproar and critical of the changes. They broadened their market and they are selling like hotcakes. Granted the marine market has exploded, but even before Covid they were selling well.

What the new owners are not catching on to…

Is that their true clientele are right her and many more on the fishing forums. They need to come here and ask what the fishermen, divers want.

This is just another “Wally” boat.

What attracted me to Parker, 21 degree hull, big fuel tank, outboard power, solid build, self bailing deck, big fish deck.

I'm not seeing any of this info anywhere else on the internet. I've looked at Tri State Marine(where the pics are from) and Parker's web site. Does anyone have an link to the official release? I've attached a pic of the price list for the 21se.

1634048888966.png

I saw a picture of the new 22ft Parker which reportedly replaces the 21 and 23 ft hulls.

The 22ft is a 2-piece hull with a drop-in liner. Seating in the rear as well as up front. Price tag is $150k. Looks like a SeaHunt.

I have to be honest ..... I'm very disappointed to see the classic lines, classic hulls, basic, no-frills theme designed and instilled by Linwood Parker die when the name was purchased 2 years ago by the ski-boat company.

All of you who own a true Parker will see the value of your investment rise quite a bit in the coming years unless the Parker company gets back on track

o_O😨😰😥😓😥
Hear what you are saying. Makes sense.

I work for a company that had a display at the annapolis show. I'm a proud mid 2000s 21se owner, and when we walked past tri states display i about threw up. The fishability is gone and the design is horrid. Very sad indeed. We did pick up contender recently which i am thoroughly impressed with. Also, I never had seen pair customs until about a month ago and we have a 24 and 26 at our marina....they remind me of parkers and the price is on point. Looking for a boat to keep in florida and im thinking pairs is going to be my first choice/sea trial

Thats my family on the contender 44st we have in stock currently. Boat rides like a dream but obviously isn't suited for what our parkers are.

Attachments

• 20211010_122711.jpg
    20211010_122711.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Reactions: A-K
Is Parker discontinuing their current models or is this an addition to the current lineup? If they are discontinuing the current models that would be a shame.

I work for a company that had a display at the annapolis show. I'm a proud mid 2000s 21se owner, and when we walked past tri states display i about threw up. The fishability is gone and the design is horrid. Very sad indeed. We did pick up contender recently which i am thoroughly impressed with. Also, I never had seen pair customs until about a month ago and we have a 24 and 26 at our marina....they remind me of parkers and the price is on point. Looking for a boat to keep in florida and im thinking pairs is going to be my first choice/sea trial

Thats my family on the contender 44st we have in stock currently. Boat rides like a dream but obviously isn't suited for what our parkers are.

I have not heard of the pair customs. Just googled it might even be interested in that 21dv with a bracket on it. Looks like a sweet boat

Pair Marine is the former Sea Ox boats. Due to some legal crap he had to remove the Sea Ox name. Very nice boats and well priced (as far as boats go) for what you get. Pair is quickly getting a following. Could easily fall in where Parker falls off with their new models. Disappointing for the Parker loyalists.

The features list has a 4K add for an aft/swim platform! What is that mess hanging off the back? I love the rub rail that does nothing back there.

Back