The Parker Lineup is Now Dead

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a lot that believe the move away from wood is a good thing, maybe it is. I like the feel that a boat with an encapsulated wood stringer system has. That’s just my personal opinion. I don’t know what Jarrett Bay, Spencer Yachts, & Bayliss Boatworks are going to do if they have to remove wood from their boats …….

There are a lot that believe the move away from wood is a good thing, maybe it is. I like the feel that a boat with an encapsulated wood stringer system has. That’s just my personal opinion. I don’t know what Jarrett Bay, Spencer Yachts, & Bayliss Boatworks are going to do if they have to remove wood from their boats …….
Some folks think a 'non-wood' boat is perfect; I'm not one of them. I have been fortunate enough to have owned and/or operated/maintained a wide variety of boats in the past 'nearly-48 years' of boat owner ship. As reseate mentioned some of the finest, best-built boats in the world have wood in them. Has anyone had the pleasure to run, or be on a Buddy Davis or any of the dozen other cold-molded boats? There is a 'feel'.. a 'sound' to the boat that is hard to describe. I've also run a number of old Chris Crafts (from 20' to 65') and other classics. The feel... even the smell!.. and the way they cut/thud through the water is different than many of the new-fangled boats... I sometimes have too much of 'the thud' with our Parker, but I blame that on me, running too hard in a head-sea; harder than I should be running..... just my opinion; the opinion of an old dude who loves boats, and especially loves our boat-de-jour.... Parker 2520...

Last edited:
Maybe they have to change to stay competitive on the market, but in most cases it is profit margins. I have a 2520, love it and get a lot of complements on her but everyone seems to go for the go fast fishing machine instead of buying a Parker. I hope they keep the pilothouse line, I'm fine with them going all composite but you will not find a dryer ride than a pilothouse. Living in the sunshine state where it rains all the time it is why we purchased one, other manufactures tried a pilothouse design but it just doesn't seem popular. And yes the inside liner types have no room, kills me when I fish on a friends boat. It does seem odd that when you have a niche in the market that you'd join the masses in production? But like the old Dorado's our boats will just be worth more!

I hear ya. I doubt it's really to stay competitive. At least where I'm at in Florida, it seems like these boats are ordered or sold before they even make it to the lot. That is to say, I don't think Parker is having an issue moving their current output of inventory.

Based on the price sheet someone else posted and I saw on Tri-state's website, it seems like this is a general move towards the direction of improving profit margins....and nickle and dime buyers, which sucks. The whole reason I bought my 21se was its reputation as a simple, solid boat at a great price point with just about everything included in a package deal.

I am glad I bought my boat when I did for a lot of reasons and pretty much agree if this really is the direction they are going, then they're going to need to attract a new customer base because I won't be buying new from them again.

Hey all the above pictures are mine from Annapolis the other week, all I can tell you is I'm a happy 2008 2100 CC owner here and the conversation I had with the sales rep from tristate wasn't inspiring. Parker has now discontinued the 2100 and 2300 CC and replaced it with this new 22 DV. The salesman told me the boat show special price was $120,000 and the retail sticker was around $150,000. My pictures are that of hull #1. When I saw the boat had a 250 on it I said "this thing must fly, my 21 with a 150 hits 40 mph" the salesman responded with "not really, it'll do a little over 40 mph and when you pull the throttle back a lot of water enters the splash well". The other pictured I posted was that of a 21 SE, I was just floored to see this boat show price of $73,000.00. I cant believe how pricey this simple hose and go fish boat has become.

Wow, that base price on the 21 SE went way up. Just a year or two ago the 21 SE was ~$15,000 cheaper! Maybe the last of the 'classic' models will command a premium because people will snatch them up before the new ones are gone forever?

$150,000 for the new 22 is pretty steep though. That's over double the price of the 21SE. It's also entering a whole new price tier of boat too, that money will buy you a 23' contender, 24s Regulator, 238 Pursuit, 24-27' Judge, 26' Jones Brothers, Grady white 236 or 257, etc. I just don't see how this new Parker 22 can compete with that top tier crowd in the same price range, especially when the same money from some other top tier brands will buy you a significantly bigger boat...

Last edited:
Wow, that base price on the 21 SE went way up. Just a year or two ago the 21 SE was ~$15,000 cheaper! Maybe the last of the 'classic' models will command a premium because people will snatch them up before the new ones are gone forever?

$150,000 for the new 22 is pretty steep though. That's over double the price of the 21SE. It's also entering a whole new price tier of boat too, that money will buy you a 23' contender, 24s Regulator, 238 Pursuit, 24-27' Judge, 26' Jones Brothers, Grady white 236 or 257, etc. I just don't see how this new Parker 22 can compete with that top tier crowd in the same price range, especially when the same money from some other top tier brands will buy you a significantly bigger boat...

The funny thing is boat builders forget about 2008. Things got crazy then too... then they didnt make any boats in 2008 lol. I think Parker has the Pilothouse crowd cornered, but the center console market is crowded. When there is too many players and customers dry up it will be a race to the bottom in price. You can buy alot nicer 25' boats for 150K IMO.

With materials, parts, labor being short. Makes me wonder what the next 2-3 years will bring. Will new boat prices continue to climb? Or will there be a down trend.

Makes you wonder what the company did with the 21 and 23 molds.
Will they keep them, or sell them to another builder?

Makes you wonder what the company did with the 21 and 23 molds.
Will they keep them, or sell them to another builder?
I suspect that the 22DV is the 2100 mold that they’re calling a 22 due to the new bracket and the industry standard among boat builders to “round up” the hull length to make you feel like you’re getting a bigger boat.

I always appreciated that about Parkers; a 25 Parker model is a 25’ hull, closer to 30’ LOA. Put one next to a “25” in any other manufacturer and there’s no comparison. Same with the rest of the line. Guess those days are over.

If they’re not using the molds, maybe that’s a ray of hope. Might end up being similar to the Sea Ox/Pair Customs situation. If you haven’t checked Pair out, by the way, it’s worth a look: they build the type of boat that Parker should have.

I suspect that the 22DV is the 2100 mold that they’re calling a 22 due to the new bracket and the industry standard among boat builders to “round up” the hull length to make you feel like you’re getting a bigger boat.

I always appreciated that about Parkers; a 25 Parker model is a 25’ hull, closer to 30’ LOA. Put one next to a “25” in any other manufacturer and there’s no comparison. Same with the rest of the line. Guess those days are over.

If they’re not using the molds, maybe that’s a ray of hope. Might end up being similar to the Sea Ox/Pair Customs situation. If you haven’t checked Pair out, by the way, it’s worth a look: they build the type of boat that Parker should have.

Designing and Building a new mold is expensive (fact). They should be able to tell you if its a brand new hull or not. My guess is, it is Not, but just a reuse from previous models. Modify the transom a bit and come up with the new length to give the impression that it's a new hull. I could be wrong, I don't know jack about boat building? But whats going on with the inner liner? Does that mean its foam filled with no stringer system? One thing is for sure, when they read through this forum, believe me they are, they are either cringing at our comments or laughing all the way to the bank. 1 out of 3 boaters don't know what they are buying/doing anyway. That's good odds for a successful business model. I'm done.

Designing and Building a new mold is expensive (fact). They should be able to tell you if its a brand new hull or not. My guess is, it is Not, but just a reuse from previous models. Modify the transom a bit and come up with the new length to give the impression that it's a new hull. I could be wrong, I don't know jack about boat building? But whats going on with the inner liner? Does that mean its foam filled with no stringer system? One thing is for sure, when they read through this forum, believe me they are, they are either cringing at our comments or laughing all the way to the bank. 1 out of 3 boaters don't know what they are buying/doing anyway. That's good odds for a successful business model. I'm done.
I’m not sure if they are cringing. People have talked about the need for more stern lift for years on here and they aren’t putting bigger tabs or 4 blades on the outboards as standard issue so……

Seriously looking at Northcoast boats out of Bristol, RI if I move up in size. Family business with the owner, wife and two sons all at the plant. Sound familiar? My local Parker dealer just added them which tells you something.

Seriously looking at Northcoast boats out of Bristol, RI if I move up in size. Family business with the owner, wife and two sons all at the plant. Sound familiar? My local Parker dealer just added them which tells you something.
They all just look a little… off to me. Like, each model has at least one line to it that makes my eye twitch. I’m sure they’re a great builder, but their boats look odd.

They all just look a little… off to me. Like, each model has at least one line to it that makes my eye twitch. I’m sure they’re a great builder, but their boats look odd.

They tilt more towards function kinda like a Parker, which is fine with me. The cabin is tall with big glass, maybe it throws off the lines? Hoping the 23 deep hull design gives a better ride. But it’s still going to take a lot to get me out of my 2510!

Just noticed Parker recently removed the 2100 DV and 2300 DV from their website. However, the new 22 is not on there. Originally, I heard they were introducing 2 new CC's...a 22 and a 24. Not sure now.

Back