Thinking about a 2310...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gw204

Reaction score
F225 or F250? Which would you guys recommend if I decide to do this? Does the extra 25 HP really make any noticeable difference?

I've got a 2310 MV and 225 would be more than enough IMHO.
If your talkin DV then I might think about 250 although the 225 will probably work just fine.

I like to cruise at 4000-4400 and don't believe in workin the motor real hard plus I like the idea of spare power.

Yep, I'm talkin' 2310DV. :) Ideally, I'de like to be able to cruise in the high 3000s. Thanks for the info. :)

I didn't think the 2310 came in anything but DV.

Rule of thumb is to not go lower than 75% of max hull HP. Lower than that, the engines work too hard, wear out faster, and burn more fuel (not as economical). 80%-90% is sweet, and above that, you may be wasting fuel.

IMO the 225-4s is absolutely the minimum hp for a 23ccDV. There is only $800 or so real money difference between the 225 and 250. Under ideal conditions, either motor will "cruise" (minimum planed off ?) under 4000. Problem is, seems like I'm always in 3-4 footers, 15-20k wind, against the tide, etc.

The upside is with deeper V and plenty of Carolina Flare, you'll find you can stay on plane comfortably at a higher speed without pounding, stay dry and outrun the spray trying to blow over the sides. It is my understanding Yamaha has a "knock sensor" in the 250-4s. You will not suffer a power loss (if running regular) unless the engine identifies a "knock" situation.

Either motor, I would want 12x24 tabs (or 9x30) and so far I have been super pleased with a Rev 4 prop. I never got a transom mount transducer to work great. Went with tilted element, very satisified. You posted earlier about not caring for the rear facing seats. Looks ideal to sit and watch lines. Now if I could only get someone the drive for me!

I say go for it Brian! It would be a great rig for us to tow to the CBBT or to OCMD for some good pullage :D

I personally dig the rear facing seats. They dont appear to be in the way of fishing and in a good spot to where you may get some decent protection while running.

The '06 2310 hull is rated for 250 horsepower.
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_d ... ?boatid=10

But even using Porkchunkers 75% rule, the 225 should still be in the ballpark.
FishFactory makes a good point about the cost factor between the 225 and the 250...

Though... you've been on my boat with a 225 and she will run 33 kts WOT.
I know... and apples to oranges comparison, but if a 225 can push a 2520 MVSC (hull rated at 335 horsepower) to those speeds... I'd think that it should do well on a 2310 DVWA.

FishFactory also makes a good point about the tabs. If you decide to buy new, get her without tabs and put a proper set of them on yourself.

I'm told that you are handy with tools, so that shouldn't be a problem for you. :D
Good luck with however you go forward.

FishFactory":3pbqfwyo said:
... and so far I have been super pleased with a Rev 4 prop.

That's one way to get your Yammie to perform better.. Add Merc parts :lol:

(just busting FF's chops fellas. nothing serious 8) )

B-Faithful":6nq9zo3m said:

Yea... some of us do that. :D

Image-722CD1FF39CF11DB.jpg

B-Faithful":2v8vbnzt said:
FishFactory":2v8vbnzt said:
... and so far I have been super pleased with a Rev 4 prop.

I KNEW that one was gonna come back to haunt me! :D

Gotta admit, that prop is great, and no worries about a "spun hub"

Thanks for all the info and advice guys.

We're not rushing into anything here though. I bought the Grady with the intentions of running it offshore and I haven't done that yet. But that's gonna change here in two weeks. So, I'm waiting at least that long to make a decision. :)

Back