This is cool

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was in BrandsMart and saw this little kitchen, it would work prefect in a Pilothouse. I already have a kitchen in my 2520, but this is cool. I may want to swap mine out for this.

Attachments

• 20220423_155207.jpg
    20220423_155207.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 20220423_155217.jpg
    20220423_155217.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
I was in BrandsMart and saw this little kitchen, it would work prefect in a Pilothouse. I already have a kitchen in my 2520, but this is cool. I may want to swap mine out for this.
Hey Naughtpants, Nice find! You made me run to the boat to do some measuring! ☺.... The dimensions would make for a tricky installation, and require some modifications; but then, that's nothing new when doing boat projects. The depth of the unit (shown as 26.75" on one web-site; 25" on another) would work well facing the unit like on most Parkers, but would require removing the passenger 'captains' chair because of the 32" width (shows 30" on another web-site).... The 43.75" height (45" on another site) would work no matter where it's installed.
If you are willing to do without the passenger 'captains' chair, the unit would fit 'as-is' with the unit facing forward (where you would be looking aft when standing at the unit... But getting it into the pilot house would require taking the door off, and enlarging the hole a bit, (But, you have to remove the door and jamb anyway, to get the existing seat out, unless you cut it into pieces). We have the fresh water tank under that seat right now. It would have to be moved to the other side.
For my wants/needs right now, I would like to have the sink, and maybe even the 2-burner cook top. But with ice, and coolers, I don't need the refrigerator any more. Our last two boats had refrigerators, and that was great when we were onboard cruising 7-10 days at a time. But, they were larger boats, with plenty of room. With the tighter dimensions of our Parker, I could use the space the refrigerator takes up for other things. (Like the fresh water tank?)....

Yeah I didn't have a tape measure with me to measure it. Or my boat available to see if it would work. But I suspect it would have to be taken apart and reassembled inside. I use my refrigerator for storage, it's turned off. Don't need it drawing down my battery.

Yeah I didn't have a tape measure with me to measure it. Or my boat available to see if it would work. But I suspect it would have to be taken apart and reassembled inside. I use my refrigerator for storage, it's turned off. Don't need it drawing down my battery.

If you put solar panels on your beer will always be cold like mine

Some of the portable mini kitchens for overlanding are pretty interesting. I don't think I'll follow through on this, but I've contemplated a box that I could mount where one of my rear seats is since they remove fairly easy with four screws. That way I keep the box it's mounted on (and fresh water system) and can always have four seats when I want, but could switch it out if I wanted for an overnight trip. I figured you could swivel the passenger helm seat so it's back is against the window and that could leave space for a drawer to open over it. Again, I haven't thought this all the way through but it's intriguing.

1652302368645.png

Cheaper method to add a stove top. Available at any Asian grocer and now WalMart. Lots of brands, pretty much all the same. Bluefish caught enroute to the beach.
1652375308192.png

Attachments

• IMG_5918.JPG
    IMG_5918.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5919.JPG
    IMG_5919.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
Back