Thoughts on the **NEW** 2510

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susqking

Reaction score
I have a 2002 2510 MV and really like the boat except for the ride, but hopefully the 9 x 24 tabs will help this.

I saw the new re-designed 2510 and thought Parker did a great job. Will the new hull with the 16 degree deadrise really help the ride? I did notice Parker replaced the aluminum tank with a plastic one, will they be doing this in all their boat? The helm looked great with tons of room for flush mounts.

Just wondering what everyone else thought.

Anthony

Our first double post! Good luck with the tabs. Seems like things are changing at Parker more these days. They sure are cranking out the boats.

I am not the most salty guy you'll ever meet; regardless I am a little concerned with all I have been reading about poor fuel (ethanol) and its effects on certain tanks, so I am interested in what you guys have to say about that....

If in fact Parker has switched to Plastic tanks, I would really like to know why.

The Ethanol fuels are reaking havoc on many materials.

Susqking, I went from a 2520MVSC (14 degrees) to the 2520XL(16 degrees) and the ride did improve, but not drastically. Of course the XL is alot heavier than the MV, about 800-1000lbs, I think. Parker is making an XLD model now with 21 degrees which should be a better riding head sea boat, but probably not significant enough for me to make the switch.

John_Madison CT":1x31tafp said:
If in fact Parker has switched to Plastic tanks, I would really like to know why.

The Ethanol fuels are reaking havoc on many materials.

I assure you it is plastic, I opened the hatch and saw it for myself.

Anthony

I have the 2510 MV (which is now longer made, which makes my boat a true "classic").

I'm happy with what I have now for the Bay. If I were go be doing much offshore fishing, I'd probably move to the 2510 DV. But since I'm not into that, my next boat will probably be to downsize 2' to a Parker 23 CC---better suited for fly fishing, and then pick my days.

Back