Tide in - Tide out

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffnick

Reaction score
I love "tide" shots. DaleH inspired this post with his pics from:
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=824

This pair was taken at the Bay of Fundy - Maitland:
My daughter and her husband at the dock
Maitland-UP.jpg

Took this from the water's edge with the tide out - same dock.
Maitland-OUT.jpg

Another pair from the Bay of Fundy. This time at Hall's Harbor. These shots were a little over 3 hours apart:
Halls-In.jpg

Ya' just gotta love that 'floating dock'. We actually missed dead low tide in this pic -- the stream then is just a trickle; almost imperceptable.
Halls-Out.jpg

And a couple more - from the ramp at Hyder Alaska:
HyderTideIn.jpg

HyderTideOut.jpg

Interesting approach to the Hyder ramp. It's a 1/4 mile long wooden bridge...single lane. You need to be careful about comitting to make the run to/from the ramp:
HyderRampRoad.jpg

Another view of the wooden bridge to the ramp, from the water (Portland Canal) this time.
HyderRampRoad2.jpg

And while we're in the picture mode. Here's a link to pics from a Parker Cruise from Washington Island Wisconsin to Chicago, then Calumet Harbor and on to the Alsip ramp. We poked our nose into every harbor along the way. We ran the 300+ miles in 3 days, staying on the hook in the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal and again at Waukegan.
WI-Chgo.jpg

Pics here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeff_...g.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jeff_nicholas/my_photos

The tide is not out on this pic, but the lake level is down. Lake Powell @ the Bullfrog Ramp.
RampatBullfrog.jpg

Nick,,,

Nice Shots! Thanks for sharing. :D

Fundy Pics always amaze me... they make me wonder what I would do to cope with a slip and the reality of such tides. In the Hall's harbor "low tide" shot, the white boat in the left foregound looks like there is a wooden cradle of some type under her stb'd midships......Like two hefty wooden posts......

Did you see any evidence that they made supporting cradles in the gravel beds along the piers? Must be hell on a wooden hull to get that kind of stress a couple of times a day... Must also limit these vessels to some Parker-like Deadrises. 8)

Back