Tim Dolan

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tech77

Reaction score
New member New England 2003 Parker 2510 with Yamaha 225
smokes a lot on start up and seem to use a lot of oil engine runs fine about 3 gallons of oil to 100 gallons of fuel

There may be an adjustment on the oil pump. I am not familiar with Yamaha 2 smokes. The Mercurys I have had in the past it was adjustable. Buy the manual for that engine (as I did for all of my engines) and read up on it.

Welcome aboard sir. Start saving your coin for a repower. 4 strokes are so NICE: quiet, no smoke, good fuel economy, easy peasy to maintain. Again, welcome aboard!

I have twin 200 HPDI's. One was smoking excessively. I removed and cleaned the O2 sensor which helped. I also checked the adustment on the oil pump linkage which needed to be corrected. I am not familiar with your 225 engine and presume it has similar features which I suggest you investigate. Thanks!

I have a 2002 200 hpdi on my 2320. I have adjusted the oil linkage as best as I can according to specs and I tracked oil and gasoline consumption for a full season. I came up with a 35:1 gas to oil ratio. I noticed when I’m running between 4500 and 5000 rpm it seems to use more oil. A very reputable Yamaha mechanic told me the hpdi’s DRINK oil. I believe the guys who run twins are able to run at lower rpm’s thus achieve better ratios.

Back