Togging

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimH

Reaction score
Went out today Togging and made out okay... The biggest weighed in at just over 10 lbs. We bled the fish for the first time and I was surprised how white the meat was compared to the past. Can’t wait for dinner tonight. Today, more than ever, I was glad to be in my Parker 2320 cause the wind was blowing and the bay was kicking but the ride was dry! Lori Ann is coming out of the water in less than a week and the fishing days are numbered... It’s going to be a long winter.

JimH

Attachments

• Togs.JPG
    Togs.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 94
Tautog ... it's what's for dinner ...

I tell you, I myself put an icepick through the head of any bluefish I'm going to keep and I fillet and skin it immediately. The flesh stays off-white and doesn't turn that off-gray/blue color. I also remove all of the dark red veiny crap. No matter how I'll cook it - everyone loves it!

I told one dinner party it was fresh flounder ... they gobbled it up. Right ;) ... flounder fillets an inch thick :shock: !

:lol: :lol:

Wow nice hog-togs! I havent caught those bucked-tooth critters in a number of years. My dad is big wreck fisherman and is always inviting. It is pictures like these that make me regret not taking him up recently.

Back