Took delivery of my 2022 2120SC... the good, the bad & the ugly

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cully

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought the 2022 2120SC after my Seafox CC sunk in Hurricane Ian Sep 2022, Bought in October 2022. Took delivery in December. Bought from Central Marine in St. Pete. FL. I have to say, these guys are great, after reporting below issues, they came down to my town (~2 hours drive) and picked up the "Live Free or Die" to fix the issues.

Here's my review so far (12 hours on the Yamaha 200):

• She runs great, all mechanical & electrical are perfect.
  • Custom Bimini is perfect!
  • Owns & Sons trailer perfect.
  • Several manufacturing defects, makes very concerned about Parker build quality:
    • Rubber piece that goes side to side under pilot house door has gaps on each corner. Eventually these will come off.
    • (The ugly) Livewell bench seat backrest: Screws came loose and fiberglass around them is cracked. Further analysis showed that these screws are not thru-bolted (like the rest of the rod holders). They really need to be.
    • ( The ugly) All 3 cuddy hatches are leaking (overhead hatch and both portholes). Water dripping in pretty good from the overhead hatch, soaked the curtain that is rolled up in front of the cockpit electronics. Water running down the carpets from the portholes.
    • Rubber around cabin door coming off
    • Both stern corners, plastic piece under the metal rub rail are cracked.
I'm confident the Central Marine will fix these cosmetic issues, I like this boat alot and want to love her... I WILL (fingers crossed).20221220_133321.jpg20221220_133339.jpg20221231_160944.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to learn of your issues w/ your new 2120SC. Good to know your dealer is on the job.
Have nearly the same boat & same year.

Pushing near 50 hours now. Only issue is me. Need more time to get out on the river.

Your back yard boat lift is just pure perfection.

I'm still looking for troubled areas.

Thus far only the little Philips screws securing the doors hinge were not tight at all.
YES, I am indeed one of those people who go on board a new boat, jeep or MC with tool kit on wheels behind me & start snugging things where I find in need of attention. I stop at the motor, usually.

Later after months of use, I go back over my findings & apply lightly some snug-up (blue or red) to those fasteners which refuse to take the first personal touch.
Just under 50 hrs now & my review, as an open letter would be most boring.

That being said, at 100 hr I will offer my review of my 2120sc 2022. As I use this boat near every other week, if only for a few hrs, I am still learning from its design & my short comings.

I'm still looking for troubled areas.

Thus far only the little Philips screws securing the doors hinge were not tight at all.
YES, I am indeed one of those people who go on board a new boat, jeep or MC with tool kit on wheels behind me & start snugging things where I find in need of attention. I stop at the motor, usually.

Later after months of use, I go back over my findings & apply lightly some snug-up (blue or red) to those fasteners which refuse to take the first personal touch.
Just under 50 hrs now & my review, as an open letter would be most boring.

That being said, at 100 hr I will offer my review of my 2120sc 2022. As I use this boat near every other week, if only for a few hrs, I am still learning from its design & my short comings.
Great to hear!!! Haappy boating Chilli :)

Nice Boat!! Congratulations. Are you going to get an outside helm? I have a 2021 2520, I had the same issue wit the cabin door not fitting 100% correctly. The dealership ordered another one, and it's exactly the same. Nothing I can't live with.

Nice Boat!! Congratulations. Are you going to get an outside helm? I have a 2021 2520, I had the same issue wit the cabin door not fitting 100% correctly. The dealership ordered another one, and it's exactly the same. Nothing I can't live with.
You mentioned 'cabin door'. Are you having issues with the door to the cuddy-cabin, or are you referring to the main door from the cockpit into the pilothouse? We have a 2013/2014 2520, and the main door from the cockpit to the pilot house, when closed, has gaps on the top and bottom on the latch side. I had to install Diamond Seaglaze 'Door-Dogs' to use when I need the door to be completely water-tight, like during tropical storms and/or hurricanes. A couple years ago Parker changed doors styles/manufactures to new-improved (or so I thought?) doors; the ones made of aluminum? with the nearly full-glass window. Ours is the older door made of Star-Board... I would have thought they'd have come up a closable/sealable door by now.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I thought about the outside helm, decided I didn't need it on the smaller 21 footer. The cabin door seems to close OK, it's the rubber "gasket" around it that's already coming loose.

You mentioned 'cabin door'. Are you having issues with the door to the cuddy-cabin, or are you referring to the main door from the cockpit into the pilothouse? We have a 2013/2014 2520, and the main door from the cockpit to the pilot house, when closed, has gaps on the top and bottom on the latch side. I had to install Diamond Seaglaze 'Door-Dogs' to use when I need the door to be completely water-tight, like during tropical storms and/or hurricanes. A couple years ago Parker changed doors styles/manufactures to new-improved (or so I thought?) doors; the ones made of aluminum? with the nearly full-glass window. Ours is the older door made of Star-Board... I would have thought they'd have come up a closable/sealable door by now.
On the 2120 there's only one door, it's to the pilot house from the cockpit (deck), that's the one that has the rubber gasket issue (not a big deal but should be fixed on a brand new boat). Good advice on the seal, I'll keep an eye on that. So far, I haven't seen any leaking thru that door, but we haven't had any heavy wind/rain storms.

Last edited:
The door that leads from the cockpit to inside the cabin, not the cuddy space. I have the al door with the larger window (2021 boat) The bottom has a small gap. Nothing I can't live with. Door Dogs are a good idea.

Thanks!! I thought about the outside helm, decided I didn't need it on the smaller 21 footer. The cabin door seems to close OK, it's the rubber "gasket" around it that's already coming loose.
You can get a good thicker weather strip from Lowes or somewhere to replace that. When they (Parker) sent me a new door, they sent another one of those gaskets. I may try and put the second gasket around there and see if that does anything. but my issue is nothing I can't live with..

I thought I didn't need the 2nd helm until the first time out fishing and trying to hold a spot.. in and out, almost killed myself tripping in and out of the cabin.
20220209_094557.jpg

You can get a good thicker weather strip from Lowes or somewhere to replace that. When they (Parker) sent me a new door, they sent another one of those gaskets. I may try and put the second gasket around there and see if that does anything. but my issue is nothing I can't live with..

I thought I didn't need the 2nd helm until the first time out fishing and trying to hold a spot.. in and out, almost killed myself tripping in and out of the cabin.
View attachment 35459
Thanks, good info! Wow, that 2nd helm sure is sweet!

The door that leads from the cockpit to inside the cabin, not the cuddy space. I have the al door with the larger window (2021 boat) The bottom has a small gap. Nothing I can't live with. Door Dogs are a good idea.
You mentioned your dealer installed a new door on your 2520, what did they do with the old door? I am looking for one for my 2520. If they didn't leave it with you, can you let me know the dealer's name so I can give em a call and see if they still have it?

You mentioned your dealer installed a new door on your 2520, what did they do with the old door? I am looking for one for my 2520. If they didn't leave it with you, can you let me know the dealer's name so I can give em a call and see if they still have it?
Good morning. The dealership kept it and sent it back to parker. I tried to keep it, but they explained to me "It's a one for one swap out." lol They even sent a bad speaker back to parker they replaced... so, I guess you'd have to contact parker directly.

Hi Cully, I have the same boat.. 2022, 2120 Sc too .. I got mine from NJ outboards in March of ‘22 .. I did have a few issues, biggest one was the suspension seat was not screwed down .. only silicone was holding it because the flange screws were too small.. it fell over when I was out.. several snaps missing , a small abrasion on the back seat cushion, .. the dealer fixed ( after I hauled it out and took it back finally did fix it .. except the cushion which he said Parker would get but that never happened.. NJ outboards do not come to your boat if you have an issue .. you need to haul it to them , and wait.. other than that I’m I happy with it.. I put 23 hours on it before I winterized it .. got the 20 hour service .. and good to go ..

Hi Cully, I have the same boat.. 2022, 2120 Sc too .. I got mine from NJ outboards in March of ‘22 .. I did have a few issues, biggest one was the suspension seat was not screwed down .. only silicone was holding it because the flange screws were too small.. it fell over when I was out.. several snaps missing , a small abrasion on the back seat cushion, .. the dealer fixed ( after I hauled it out and took it back finally did fix it .. except the cushion which he said Parker would get but that never happened.. NJ outboards do not come to your boat if you have an issue .. you need to haul it to them , and wait.. other than that I’m I happy with it.. I put 23 hours on it before I winterized it .. got the 20 hour service .. and good to go ..
Hey Jack, thanks for the info!! Wow, the seat falling over is crazy!!! Glad you got most fixed and ready for the Spring. April can't come soon enough ;-).

Good luck contacting Parker, they are not that good at anawering
I have a house in Beaufort NC 3 miles from Parker. I just drove there the first few times I had questions. They were still not good at answering. They were no help to me. I own a 23 deep vee and a 2801.

Sounds like that loose seat issue is quite common. Problem is the head of the 1/4" machine screws they use is smaller than the hole in the seat base.

They rely on a bead of silicone to do the work.

The irony is that there is a warning sign on the shaft of the seat warning about injury in the event the seat is not locked to prevent the seat from turning while underway!

Took a bunch of emails and calls, but they finally (after ordering, it wasn't a stock item for them) sent the right hardware.

There's an aluminum plate under the plywood that is tapped to accept the machine screws. When one hole falls beyond an edge if the plate, they use a self tapping screw instead.....nuts!!!

Attachments

• 20220228_092857.jpg
    20220228_092857.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220228_091309.jpg
    20220228_091309.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 5
Back