Took delivery of my 2022 2120SC... the good, the bad & the ugly

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe another warning sign that says " wear helmet to prevent heD injury when the seat loosens up"

All kidding aside, and other than the seat, I absolutely love the boat!

Yup, that’s exactly right.. they did the same and sent hardware.. I already bought SS screws and washers before that and fixed it until the hardware came.. still waiting on a new cushion , and both dealer and Parker—- no reply same old story

Wow
Sounds like that loose seat issue is quite common. Problem is the head of the 1/4" machine screws they use is smaller than the hole in the seat base.

They rely on a bead of silicone to do the work.

The irony is that there is a warning sign on the shaft of the seat warning about injury in the event the seat is not locked to prevent the seat from turning while underway!

Took a bunch of emails and calls, but they finally (after ordering, it wasn't a stock item for them) sent the right hardware.

There's an aluminum plate under the plywood that is tapped to accept the machine screws. When one hole falls beyond an edge if the plate, they use a self tapping screw instead.....nuts!!!
Wow! That makes no since at all. When I replaced my decks I installed suspension seat pedestals. I put mine down with 1/4 20 lag bolts as recommended by the manufacturer.

I have a house in Beaufort NC 3 miles from Parker. I just drove there the first few times I had questions. They were still not good at answering. They were no help to me. I own a 23 deep vee and a 2801.
Their classic line is "contact your dealer" Horrible customer service

I have a house in Beaufort NC 3 miles from Parker. I just drove there the first few times I had questions. They were still not good at answering. They were no help to me. I own a 23 deep vee and a 2801.
That’s not good. I’ve been by the plant 3 times and met with Eric Denton. He was very helpful.

I cannot ever recall dealing w/ a factory directly for any large item purchase.

Would be surprised if Parker actually had a customer direct division.

It does appear that Parker now has many more dealers than the last owner. (Factory Owner)

Very few boat dealers are only ONE brand selling. We should keep in mind our Parkers are in direct competition for floor space, parts on the shelves & service inside nearly every dealership.

Am not defending any chair falling, leaky seals, improper installations of equipment.
That being said, all dealers of motorcycles, cars, trucks & boats have something called a PDI.
These Pre-Delivery Inspections should be the last dealer's hands on before customer's inspection.
I went over my 2120SC late last year for about an hour.
Found a couple of little things. They were addressed & I reinspected the area.

Still, when I got home & after my first outing on the river, I found some very small things that made me mad at myself for not catching.
I corrected them.

The PDI is not preformed by any owner of anything. These souls are trying their best from knowing other boats strengths & weaknesses.

Only suggesting we take a hard look around at our Parkers every time we go out in them. WE will know our boats better each time & become our own
answer to many little issues & a few larger ones.

Just look at the wisdom & pool of knowledge we have here at ''Classic Parker''. It all arrives
through those who take a keen interest in improving things.

This forum in indeed a place to vent, but for relief.

I cannot ever recall dealing w/ a factory directly for any large item purchase.

Would be surprised if Parker actually had a customer direct division.

It does appear that Parker now has many more dealers than the last owner. (Factory Owner)

Very few boat dealers are only ONE brand selling. We should keep in mind our Parkers are in direct competition for floor space, parts on the shelves & service inside nearly every dealership.

Am not defending any chair falling, leaky seals, improper installations of equipment.
That being said, all dealers of motorcycles, cars, trucks & boats have something called a PDI.
These Pre-Delivery Inspections should be the last dealer's hands on before customer's inspection.
I went over my 2120SC late last year for about an hour.
Found a couple of little things. They were addressed & I reinspected the area.

Still, when I got home & after my first outing on the river, I found some very small things that made me mad at myself for not catching.
I corrected them.

The PDI is not preformed by any owner of anything. These souls are trying their best from knowing other boats strengths & weaknesses.

Only suggesting we take a hard look around at our Parkers every time we go out in them. WE will know our boats better each time & become our own
answer to many little issues & a few larger ones.

Just look at the wisdom & pool of knowledge we have here at ''Classic Parker''. It all arrives
through those who take a keen interest in improving things.

This forum in indeed a place to vent, but for relief.
Some of our, or at least my negative experience with the Parker factory, and especially negative experiences with one particular Parker dealer (the one closest to the Parker factory) has much to do with lack of common courtesy and lack of simple customer service. (My gripes with them are well-documented here on ClassicParker). Some of the best boat companies become the best, and stay on top of the game because of exemplary customer service, before, during and especially after the sale. For example, go buy a used 1969 Hatteras, and contact the Hatteras factory in New Bern for, well for anything!. You will be treated like a customer who just purchased a new multi-million dollar Hatteras. Ask for part, a diagram, parts list, general information, etc; they will do everything they can to help you. For many years this was also true about Grady-White. I don't have recent experience to know it this is still true.... How about Great customer service from a 'dealer'? I don't care what boat you own, or where you bought it, but if you want to experience exemplary customer service, stop in Park Boat Company in Washington NC. It doesn't matter if you're looking for a 50 cent cotter pin, or buying a new boat, they treat you like a valued customer. I suppose it's the same as their site in Manteo, but I have no first-hand experience there.... And, Park Boat Company is also a Parker Dealer.... It's where I'd get my next Parker! ☺

I bought my 2021 23 SE from Manteo Marine. Nice folks, great deal especially considering when I ordered it. We bought our last, and I do mean LAST, Grady from the people in Wilmington. Never again! That was our third GW, but they cured us of that.

I have contacted the factory direct with questions twice and had really great responses both times, once asking for an electrical schematic and the second time to ask how they install T-tops. I got a call back with very specific instructions including the specific screw and drill bit sizes. And Robin was always so nice. I guess times have changed as that was 10 years ago.

I have contacted the factory direct with questions twice and had really great responses both times, once asking for an electrical schematic and the second time to ask how they install T-tops. I got a call back with very specific instructions including the specific screw and drill bit sizes. And Robin was always so nice. I guess times have changed as that was 10 years ago.
Robin used to participate here on ClassicParker, and the best I remember, she was helpful and had a positive influence. (When I posted a similar comment a few years ago, a number of ClassicParker folks disagreed with that statement). I'm a relatively new member, but I remember seeing old posts from Robin. At the time I thought it was nice knowing that Robin and the Parker factory people were paying attention to, and participating at ClassicParker.

Last edited:
Hearing of a Parker dealer not holding up their end of helping you the buyer is something the factory should know about.
There is more than one dealership having lost their retail sales of an item, all due to ignoring the customer.

One problem is when the actual owner is an absentee owner.

At my Parker dealer Yamaha Marine in Jax, Fl, there is daily a guy named Don wandering around the place.
He never barks orders. But always seems to find time to listen to any buyer.
I've known this guy since the doors of the business were not even open. Heck he was more excited about the store opening than I was to get this brand in this town. He then was opening a new BMW MC location.

He is still the same guy.

Today I went to the Boat Show.
Parker was the only boat there which had a pilot house type cabin.
Actually don't recall any other manufacturer thru a dealer being there w/ such a near non stop flow of traffic going through the two Parker boats.
The 2520 & the 2120 were real hits of the show. No clue about sales just me observing.

Met Patrick, a rep for Parker. We talked a bit & asked him if ever looked in on our forum Classic Parker. He had no knowledge of us.
Suggested he drop in & at least ease drop a bit.

My concern is the factory should be reading ''the good the bad & the ugly''. I don't believe it could hurt.

Just an FYI if your cabin speakers stop working like mine did. The cable gauge from the stereo is 5x thicker than the cable coming out of the actual from speakers. Parker used bigger crimp for the larger cable, but it’s too big to crimp the smaller speaker wire. The connection looks sound, but it’s not. I cut the factory crimp off and soldered them together. It works now.

Just an FYI if your cabin speakers stop working like mine did. The cable gauge from the stereo is 5x thicker than the cable coming out of the actual from speakers. Parker used bigger crimp for the larger cable, but it’s too big to crimp the smaller speaker wire. The connection looks sound, but it’s not. I cut the factory crimp off and soldered them together. It works now.
Thanks, good tip! In fact, my cabin speakers don't work at all, I forgot to tell them that. Since they still have my boat, I'll send a message.

Same issue with my 2016 2320

Thank you!... Our port-side cuddy-cabin speaker had stopped working. (2013 2520XLD). I hardly noticed it, and just ignored it. (The other 3 speakers were loud enough for me).... Your post prompted me to check the speaker. Same issue. Easy fix. Thanks for the heads-up!

I’m guessing it’s something like 18-22AWG coming out of the speaker, vice 16-14AWG wiring. If so, Ancor and other manufacturers make a “step down” heat shrink crimp that has one side larger than the other, and allows joining wires of different sizes. They’re a great option for just this scenario.

Back