Trailer for 1700

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace the Vantage Frankentrailer that's under my 1700 at the moment. It appears to have been cobbled together from a couple different trailers and is in pretty rough shape. It's also too big for the boat and storage space is at a premium in my driveway. After the time and effort I'm putting into overhauling this boat I really don't want to bust an axle or a crossmember and have it go sliding down Rt. 13.

I wanted to go with Rolls Axle but after a few months and a couple back and forths they really don't seem interested in selling me a trailer. So I'm looking at alternatives.

I definitely want to go with an all-aluminum bunk trailer, welded if possible. Single torsion axle with Posi-Lube spindles. I'm going to forego brakes since I tow the boat with a Ram 2500 diesel and don't want the maintenance headache; the boat/trailer is under 3,000lbs GVW so Virginia doesn't require brakes.

Plusses would be a fold-away tongue, spare mounted tire and hub, and guideposts at the rear, although I suppose I could install those myself.

I'm very open to having a trailer custom built, provided that I can find a manufacturer that will return my phone calls! Otherwise, if anyone has suggestions or trailers that they're very happy with, I'd love the feedback.

Pacific or continental are the best value.

Back