Trailer Slides

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDesrosier

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered already but I am curious if anyone has had good luck with any particular brand trailer slide. I have a 21 ft SC, and I find that I crank much of the way up the trailer so the boat sits correctly on the trailer. I use the boat several times a week and I worry that the carpet pads are killing my hull.

I have seen many different models of trailer slides, most with the screws directly on the sliding surface (which kind of scares me if a screw worked loose)? That is why I am looking for any recommendations for trailer slides.

Thanks
John

1 inch HDPE
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NK7W8L8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
20230313_144041.jpg

20230313_144052.jpg

cut into strips, counter sink SS screws/fill the heads with silicone.

Just made this video goofing around the other day. see how easy the bout drives up onto the trailer?

Only word of caution is, DO NOT unhook the strap and safety chain, depending on your ramp, she's gonna want to slide off the trailer. did with my last boat, been doing it this way for 20 years or so. No scratches, and works great.

What is recommended for boats with bottom paint? I plan on getting a new 1801 and it will mostly reside tied to my pier in a saltwater canal in Delaware but I may occasionally want to tow it over to the Chesapeake plus the normal yearly launch and pull. Are roller trailers better for bottom painted boats?

There is hard finish Bottom paint and ablative bottom paint . Hard is better on a trailer, but may not be a better protector?

Roller trailers I have no experiance with. And don't really want any.

Back