TRANQUILO My Parker 2330 Build

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info, thanks again!
Like you I’ve been working on my “Long List” of modifications and upgrades over the past 6+ months. I’m down to a short list now and ready to enjoy and do some serious fishing.

Today I’ll be launching at Channel Islands Harbor where she’ll b in a slip.
When will you be back in the water?

I’ve never seen the article that associated with your link but that’s exactly how my tank was mounted. My tank is made by Defiance and may have been installed by them.

Not clear on where you’re suggesting to put the gasket material;
“large piece of gasket-like material or rubber could be used between the dam/starboard as a seal”
As I understood your install, there is no "seal" between the deck and the "dam" to prevent deck wash from penetrating under the dam and in to the bilge. My only thought was that a membrane might prevent any such occurrence. Your install makes a lot of sense.

As I understood your install, there is no "seal" between the deck and the "dam" to prevent deck wash from penetrating under the dam and in to the bilge. My only thought was that a membrane might prevent any such occurrence. Your install makes a lot of sense.
Actually water getting under the layer of starboard wasn’t a concern because as Dbaja mentioned the starboard / dam would be bedded to the deck with a substantial sealant / adhesive such as 5200. The addition of mechanical fasteners would serve to ensure the deck and dam becomes one cohesive piece.

The dam is to prevent water on the deck from finding its way to the hole under the tank. The seal I was speaking of is where the hoses penetrate the deck & dam. If a hose connection fails or the tank leaks water could continuously find its way thru that hole without detection.

My proposal was not only to keep water from getting in under the tanks perimeter; but to create a way for potential water leaks to get out from under the tank without going below deck. This could b done with vertical slots in the dam’s outer edge. Then caulking the tank would be unnecessary.

Actually water getting under the layer of starboard wasn’t a concern because as Dbaja mentioned the starboard / dam would be bedded to the deck with a substantial sealant / adhesive such as 5200. The addition of mechanical fasteners would serve to ensure the deck and dam becomes one cohesive piece.

The dam is to prevent water on the deck from finding its way to the hole under the tank. The seal I was speaking of is where the hoses penetrate the deck & dam. If a hose connection fails or the tank leaks water could continuously find its way thru that hole without detection.

My proposal was not only to keep water from getting in under the tanks perimeter; but to create a way for potential water leaks to get out from under the tank without going below deck. This could b done with vertical slots in the dam’s outer edge. Then caulking the tank would be unnecessary.
My last comment make have been confusing; “make vertical slots in the dam’s outer edge. Then caulking the tank would be unnecessary.”

Explanation:
Picture the starboard-dam secured to the deck without the tank. Essentially an oval 1” thick (or more) piece of starboard resembling the base profile of the tank. There’s a hole in the middle of dam with supply & drain hose coming from below deck. If a seal was created around the hoses sealing that hole the foam below Dec would be safe. However, in the case of a tank leak water couldn’t get below deck but would b trapped inside the tanks outer wall.

If 1/2” x 1/2” vertical slots were cut on the outermost edge of the dam to act as scuppers then weep holes, aligned with the slots, could b made on the bottom edge of the tanks outermost wall.

Then:
1. Water could drain out but not in.
2. Air could circulate within the confines of the tanks outer wall.
3. If water was seen exiting weep holes during tank use you’d know you have a leak.
4. No caulking necessary.

View attachment 34661
View attachment 34662View attachment 34663

Seadek instal complete, I still have a few more sections to add elsewhere but small victory.
I’ve followed your progress and you’ve taken on a lot of projects since your original purchase. The decks look GREA you always do excellent work. I too have been working nonstop for close to a year and finally have her in the water.

I’m in a Channel Islands slip now doing some test runs and equipment checks. But I always keep a lookout hoping to see that 2330.

All the hard work has definitely been worth it. I’m in your Neighborhood. Give a shout if you see me.
Mike

1665249261760.jpegEDEDCEDB-E150-4FB7-9B03-7D114F56B15B.jpeg

Nice work! The 2320 extended has some trouble areas but overall it’s a fantastic layout. My biggest complaint is the very heavy stern and submerged scuppers. I relocated my batteries (2) from the stern to amidships and that helped. I still get a bit of water on deck when I’m out with some of my heavier fishing partners. My fuel tank is original as well with no problems ....yet 🤞🏻
Started following this thread, I’ve got a 2330 as well with early 2000’s f250 on a single Armstrong bracket. Very stern heavy. Has anyone added floatation/full pod?

I’ve followed your progress and you’ve taken on a lot of projects since your original purchase. The decks look GREA you always do excellent work. I too have been working nonstop for close to a year and finally have her in the water.

I’m in a Channel Islands slip now doing some test runs and equipment checks. But I always keep a lookout hoping to see that 2330.

All the hard work has definitely been worth it. I’m in your Neighborhood. Give a shout if you see me.
Mike

View attachment 34683View attachment 34685
Gotta love those red evinrudes. That’s a beautiful boat. I’m glad to see I am not the only one who still runs an etec. If seahorse sees this, we still run our evinrudes!

Gotta love those red evinrudes. That’s a beautiful boat. I’m glad to see I am not the only one who still runs an etec. If seahorse sees this, we still run our evinrudes!
Thanks, the big red engines get a lot of attention. I haven’t had any problems I couldn’t solve with some help from the “Etec G2” group; great info there.

I think my 2520 is pretty heavy given all the extra cabinets, drawers, fish cleaning & rod rigging station, all made of heavy StarBoard material. Plus 60gal bait tank, 173 fuel, 5 group 31 batteries (moving them forward now). But 500hp, 2-stroke torque, 4-blade props really make her get on step quickly and top out at 50.

I’m putting in a lot of work but I’m enjoying it all; in or out of the water.
Mike

Thanks, the big red engines get a lot of attention. I haven’t had any problems I couldn’t solve with some help from the “Etec G2” group; great info there.

I think my 2520 is pretty heavy given all the extra cabinets, drawers, fish cleaning & rod rigging station, all made of heavy StarBoard material. Plus 60gal bait tank, 173 fuel, 5 group 31 batteries (moving them forward now). But 500hp, 2-stroke torque, 4-blade props really make her get on step quickly and top out at 50.

I’m putting in a lot of work but I’m enjoying it all; in or out of the water.
Mike
Great looking boat and “50“ in a Parker is FLYING……👍

Back