TRANQUILO My Parker 2330 Build

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imma californian too. finally found my boat back east. can you either privately or public give me the contact details on your delivery guy mike. thnx
Congrats on the purchase! Mike is amazing and I highly recommend him. Let me know if I can help in any other way. His humber is (606) 872-1063

Last edited:
thx put my little homemade boat up for sale yesterday on cl and waiting on survey

It’s been awhile since I posted so I figured I would catch everyone up on the progress of my project.

Here are the solutions I have come up with for my previously identified “bad” issues.

1. Broken chainless winch: The boat came with a 26 y/o winch who’s motor was burned out AND was not designed to accept chain. Apparently at the time it was manufactured winches did not accept chain, rope only! So I splurged and replaced it with a Lone Star G2 Drum Winch. It’s bulletproof and AMAZING!!!! On it I have 330’ 4mm spectra, 8’ topshot and 30’ 5/16” chain w/ a Lewmar 22lb claw anchor. Its a perfect combination here in my S. California Waters.
4E24AA67-0E23-4DD0-888B-05878D93F4CD.jpeg9C5A7B31-413C-48E0-8D77-D45776393112.jpeg

2. Previous small Group 24 battery bank: After installing 8 individual speakers powered by a 1000 W amp, bait tank, extra garmin unit, extra pumps, etc etc the already underpowered battery bank needed to be replaced. The previous owner already moved the batteries from the transom to underneath the helm. I then did a complete makeover replacing ALL wiring, relays, fuses, bus bars from bow to stern. I then added 3 group 31 AGM batteries, 2 for house and 1 for the motor. I also added a blue sea isolator/ charging relay to ensure proper charging and prevent dead batteries on the water. One battery is underneath the captain chair, the 2 other house batteries were re routed to the opposite side of the cabin underneath the dining area for better weight distribution. So far everything works great. I can safely kill the motor and play music for as long as I want and also leave my bait tank pump on for days in a row without issue. Heres a photo of the 2 relocated house batteries on the port side
8F0320F4-F438-464D-8C3C-0B209E63C93C.jpeg

3. Plumbing was a nightmare and extremely inefficient: Here I cleaned up and consolidated all the plumbing to be 100% below deck. No more macerator pump and hose in the storage locker.

0A09E18B-A346-47B6-A14F-147568047255.jpeg

4. Bait Tank: Here in S California we rely heavily on quality swim bait which means you need a quality bait tank, the bigger the better. My Parker is VERY heavy in the stern so my original idea of glassing in a custom bait tank into the transom was unrealistic. Instead I had a 48 gallon Bluewater bait tank installed as far forward in the cockpit as possible. The extended cabin has a smaller cockpit so I was concerned about loosing valuable real estate with the bait tank, but that is not the case. I still have plenty of room for 4 adults to fish comfortably with the bait tank as a center point. The tank works great for 2+ scoops of bait plus serves as a table for the family when not fishing.

198B9771-9134-4164-8D65-ACA2C944E242.jpegD4FE93A1-F0F1-4BAF-9E96-F8302644B526.jpeg

Next up, Im installing custom mocha teak Seadek flooring inside and out. Right now it’s in the temple phase.

AB8EEED7-58E5-4048-9207-D388A7175D90.jpeg645946EC-A6D9-45A5-8CFD-6275A4CDE553.jpeg

That’s it for now!

So a lot has happened in a very short time frame for me and poor Tranquilo.

First, I started having major power loss at WOT with my 2018 Suzuki 300 with only 180 hours. It took almost 2 months for Suzuki to identify I have 2 scorn cylinders. My symptoms are likely the result of the variable valve timing adjusting to the poor compression. They then told me my warranty is no longer through suzuki but covered by an extended warranty company (Cornerstone United Inc.) I am currently in the process of filing a claim with them. Wish me luck.

Second, is an issue I knew I would be facing sooner than later and that is my 28 year old fuel tank. I started getting water in my fuel but no fuel smell. I found I was missing the loop in my breather hose so I assumed this was the culprit, then I failed a leak down test. Because my boat is more than likely in boat jail for the rest of the season I am more than likely going to bite the bullet and replace it. This is a pretty big task because the tank is glassed in below deck. I received a quote for 2200 for a new tank then 6,900 for the project. I plan on pulling the tank myself to save some money, then I’ll pay a pro to finish the job. Once again, wish me luck!

I’ll keep everyone posted on the progress.

Last edited:
So a lot has happened in a very short time frame for me and poor Tranquilo.

First, I started having major power loss at WOT with my 2018 Suzuki 300 with only 180 hours. It took almost 2 months for Suzuki to identify I have 2 scorn cylinders. My symptoms are likely the result of the variable valve timing adjusting to the poor compression. They then told me my warranty is no longer through suzuki but covered by an extended warranty company (Cornerstone United Inc.) I am currently in the process of filing a claim with them. Wish me luck.

Second, is an issue I knew I would be facing sooner than later and that is my 28 year old fuel tank. I started getting water in my fuel but no fuel smell. I found I was missing the loop in my breather hose so I assumed this was the culprit, then I failed a leak down test. Because my boat is more than likely in boat jail for the rest of the season I am more than likely going to bite the bullet and replace it. This is a pretty big task because the tank is glassed in below deck. I received a quote for 2200 for a new tank then 6,900 for the project. I plan on pulling the tank myself to save some money, then I’ll pay a pro to finish the job. Once again, wish me luck!

I’ll keep everyone posted on the progress.
Im a newbie to Parker Classic and it seems we’re neighbors. I just got a slip in Channel Islands and will b dropping my 2005XL in the water this weekend. I’ve read your input on your many projects and can relate. I purchased mine last November and have been working continuously on an upgrade and refit since. I plan to put something together and post my various projects in hopes it will help others.

Sorry to hear about your engine, windlass, and now tank issues. You’ve done well to persevere and accomplish all you have. Cutting the tank out is a big and potentially dangerous project. I hope you have support, if not don’t get hurt. I’m not far away and would b willing to lend an extra set of hands when it comes time to do removal.
Mike
18F8E7F0-374B-4C02-9B1B-E8406676737C.jpeg

Thanks Mike, congrats on the Parker and welcome to the forum! Tons of information and great people here. I look forward to hearing more about your Parker!

Thanks Mike, congrats on the Parker and welcome to the forum! Tons of information and great people here. I look forward to hearing more about your Parker!
I agree about the website, information, and people. Parker people are a great bunch, however the majority of Parker owners are understandably not on the West Coast.

I try to make contact when I see it’s a SoCal boat in hopes we’ll meet up at some point. You obviously have a passion for making your boat all you want it to be. Because of your efforts it will take care of you, provide adventure few others have, and put a smile in your heart.

Remember; Give a holler if you need a hand.

So true, and thank you for the words of encouragement. Lord knows boat ownership isn’t easy, but well worth it.

Hi guys, I'm in CI also, IMG_2047.jpegIMG_1458.jpeg you'll find me over at Pacific Corinthian marina.

Cut the decking and pulled the tank today. It wasn’t all that bad of a project. The hardest part was making sure I had the stringers and bulkheads marked appropriately before cutting. Tank was in surprisingly good shape for being 28 years old.C530364C-C3DD-427A-9912-D69CA9F6082F.jpeg2FC8F259-DE46-49C9-A500-7247484EBE39.jpeg5C0FEBB2-A82D-48AD-A895-1660EDAFE907.jpeg

No fuel leak but discovered lots of water in the foam. Stringers and bulkheads are solid which was a relief, but found some de lamination on both of these pieces of glassed in plywood. I’m assuming they are there to support the tank? Either way they will definitely need to be replaced and glassed in again.

Anybody have experience with this repair? I will probably just have my fiberglass guy do the work but I’m curious how big of a project it will be. 515B6218-5B95-46A8-996B-69EF4F4077B0.jpegDBED1B5C-F65D-426D-9CC9-111BDC1382EE.jpeg

No fuel leak but discovered lots of water in the foam. Stringers and bulkheads are solid which was a relief, but found some de lamination on both of these pieces of glassed in plywood. I’m assuming they are there to support the tank? Either way they will definitely need to be replaced and glassed in again.

Anybody have experience with this repair? I will probably just have my fiberglass guy do the work but I’m curious how big of a project it will be. View attachment 33754View attachment 33755
Wow. Making great progress. Glad you’re finding the substructure in reasonable condition.

I want to share an idea with you.
After reading a number of posts about tank / water issues, in and outside of tank. I decided to do a detailed inspection of my 173 gal tank.
During this process I replaced the 4 fuel filters, tested the fuel in the filters and in the tank, and cleaned the tank of debris and free water. I also replaced the sending unit.

All this raised some changes I would make should ever need to replace the tank.
1. Add a 3/8” or 1/2” plug near sending unit. This would allow for the use of a dipstick (wooden dowel) to easily confirm fuel level and set the sending unit accurately without removing sending unit.

2. Add an auxiliary pickup and return so that a fuel polishing circuit could b utilized. The fact that we can’t get NON ethylene fuel gives me concerns about water buildup.

This would be a seperate electric fuel pump with its own filter / separator; preferably with bowl to inspect and drain water. The pump and filter could b mounted onboard or as a separate unit to polish fuel when boat isn’t being used or off season. Just let it run periodically circulating, cleaning, drying, and agitating ethanol fuel, basically an inexpensive tank and fuel health system independent of engines.

Larger commercial boats use them. Cost to add to new tank is minimal. Peace of mind, huge.
Maybe it’s overkill and I think too much…

Back