TRANQUILO My Parker 2330 Build

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbaja

Reaction score
So over the past season I decided to sell my 20' Bayrunner Baja CC and step up to a Parker 2320. This was mostly due to my expanding family and the need for more family oriented trips. I loved my CC but it was time for an upgrade. For a long time I had my heart set on the 2320 (huge cockpit and descent cabin space) but then I discovered the 2320 extended cabin aka 2330. I had never seen one in person but I really liked the idea. After a lot of research I discovered that the 2330s were only made in the mid 90s and during that time apparently only 20 or so were produced. I'm not clear if that number is only for the non I/O 2330's, but either way they are super rare. I also learned you sacrifice precious cockpit space but you gain the accommodations of the much larger 2520. This was very appealing to me seeing that this boat is meant for 50/50 family/fishing. For those hardcore 100% fishermen out there its prob not the right rig.

Living in California I looked all over the west coast for a 2330 but those who have them hold onto them or want waaaay too much. I also learned this is pretty typical for any Parker on the west coast. This is when I decided to expand my search to the east coast where they originate from. Low and behold the east coast market is night and day from mine. Lots of inventory and easily 10K less across the board. REALLY good deals were found but no 2330's. At least none with an outboard motor. Finally, after keeping my eye on the market for the better part of the season I found the one. It was located in Long Island, NY but and the asking price was a bit ridiculous (think west coast prices on the east coast). I contacted the owner and we went back and forth for almost a month. I don't think he took me seriously until I actually purchased tickets to go out there myself. Prior to buying tickets I needed to understand what I was getting myself into, as I didn't want to waist the sellers time or my time. After I calculated the associated costs of coast to coast transport plus a new trailer I was able to find a reasonable starting price for our negotiations. Seller agreed and I was on a red eye flight 2 days later.

By no account was this a normal transaction, for anyone who has made coast to coast vessel purchases you know what I mean. Its not like you can hop in your car for a quick viewing or sea trial. The boat was kept in the water during their relatively short boating season and was put into dry storage every winter, as a result the owner did not have a trailer. Consequently, the boat could not be hauled out of the water while I was there and due to the short notice of my flight I could not find a surveyor. Could I have waited, yes. Could I have paid a boat yard pull the boat out, yes. But as you all know its easy to go full steam ahead, especially when you know other people are trying to buy the boat from underneath you.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have made many auto/boat purchases/sales so I was comfortable performing my own "survey" and sea trial. I now realize this was not the best decision lol and a surveyor would have found the little things I am currently discovering. I was able to perform a good inspection and negotiate the price appropriately but I didn't find everything. Some of which came from bad information from the seller that resulted in me glancing over a few things that were faulty. Nothing major but they would have been factored into the final price and prob would have paid for the surveyor. Live and learn.

Fast forward, I paid for the boat after it was taken to the local suzuki dealer for servicing and an engine print out (the boat has a 2018 DF300 with 180 hrs). Next I purchased a 2021 Load Rite 6700# bunk trailer, had it adjusted and dropped off at the marina where the boat waited. I did all this from home in CA. Next, I spent the better part of a week finding a safe and affordable transportation service. I reached out to the BD community, Uship, and local friends and found the needle in a hay stack driver. His name is Mike and he's a solo driver owner/operator. Several other people in my community have used him for coast to coast boat transport and he came highly recommended, not to mention waaaaay under bid. I'm talking 3,200 dollars for 3,000 miles. Industry standard right now is about 1.5-2 dollars a mile. Mike was professional, insured and on time, He also drove a brand new dually chevy duramax, he said reliability is a must. I would have to agree with that. I received my boat earlier this week, on time and without issue. I would gladly provide his info to anyone interested!

OK, so that's the backstory of my boat. Now my intention of starting this thread is to document some of the additions/modifications I'm going to do to the boat and provide a platform for myself and others to learn from. Ill try to post what I have: good, bad and ugly. I have an open mind and I encourage any comments.
50CCF405-855E-4A50-BA24-14ED066363B2.jpeg
Here she is on her new trailer waiting to be brought home to CA
DF73FAC8-E2A9-4522-B68B-57B0978DE928.jpeg

First up, THE GOOD: Whoever had this Parker made did it right and splurged on a few nice upgrades straight from the factory. This includes:
- a HUGE below deck live well
D69A70C7-C4C3-4CA4-ADCA-C5878ACA8F7B.jpeg

7A1A201B-D385-4D5D-891C-349CB5C9D162.jpeg

- factory teak door and sliding rear windows
9297D48A-D5D7-4AB3-AD3D-8273E7DECCAF.jpeg

- massive (Armstrong?) outboard bracket for twin 150 mercs, which now adds more rear buoyancy due to the lighter weight DF300.
407DC328-44A9-4CDD-AC77-10A48ACD0184.jpeg

- And of course the extended cabin.

Standard features include
- a very comfortable full dinette with tons of storage below,
D1B20D89-ACE2-4791-936E-819F0902A6B9.jpeg

- fresh water sink/shower with again tons of storage below (sink is hidden below seat cushion)
F9406993-54A6-4332-BC57-9E42C2C02A76.jpeg

- Massive below cabin storage and bilge access
AC1BD8F3-B2CF-4599-AB77-229A7C3E553B.jpeg

It’s apparent for the majority of its life it has been well maintained and well preserved. I’m not sure how many hands it has passed over the years but so far it appears it hasn’t suffered from many/any DIY hack jobs. Time will tell though lol.

Aftermarket Upgrades: Again it appears these were tastefully done.
- 2018 Suzuki DF300 w/ 180 hours (still under warranty)
0A5DF876-18F2-4B53-8480-3C77937E14CD.jpeg

- Garmin 741xs with sonar, GPS, and radar
- Insta Trim trim tabs
- Autohelm Autopilot
777246A5-2B61-4EAA-8A8A-43D154EA434B.jpeg

Here is the list of budgeted items for my build, some of which I already have and are waiting for instal when I get the time later this week

- An additional Garmin 942xs plus and upgraded transducer (not sure which one just yet). This unit will be linked to my other garmin 741, my stereo and everything else NEMA 2k.

- 43 gallon bait tank by blue water recessed and fiberglassed into transom to save precious cockpit space

- Massive new sound system by Skar Audio: 8 SKAR 6.5 speakers powered by 1000 watt amp, 10” sub powered by 800 watt amp, and fusion MS RA70N head unit with NEMA 2000 connectivity

- Custom teak SEADEK inside and out

- Top to bottom make over and overhaul

Next up, the bad

First up, THE GOOD: Whoever had this Parker made did it right and splurged on a few nice upgrades straight from the factory. This includes:

- massive (Armstrong?) outboard bracket for twin 150 mercs, which now adds more rear buoyancy due to the lighter weight DF300.

- fresh water sink/shower with again tons of storage below (sink is hidden below seat cushion)

It’s apparent for the majority of its life it has been well maintained and well preserved. I’m not sure how many hands it has passed over the years but so far it appears it hasn’t suffered from many/any DIY hack jobs. Time will tell though lol.

- Insta Trim trim tabs
- Autohelm Autopilot

Here is the list of budgeted items for my build, some of which I already have and are waiting for instal when I get the time later this week

- An additional Garmin 942xs plus and upgraded transducer (not sure which one just yet). This unit will be linked to my other garmin 741, my stereo and everything else NEMA 2k.

- 43 gallon bait tank by blue water recessed and fiberglassed into transom to save precious cockpit space

- Massive new sound system by Skar Audio: 8 SKAR 6.5 speakers powered by 1000 watt amp, 10” sub powered by 800 watt amp, and fusion MS RA70N head unit with NEMA 2000 connectivity

Next up, the bad
Congrats on your new boat! I look forward to watching all your projects....

I can tell you that a below deck livewell seems like a Great idea.....However....It does have some drawbacks......Mostly when you have unfamiliar people onboard.....and when the fishing is Fast and furious. Opening and closing that big lid......or NOT and now it becomes a trip hazzard.

I can tell you that a below deck livewell seems like a Great idea.....However....It does have some drawbacks......Mostly when you have unfamiliar people onboard.....and when the fishing is Fast and furious. Opening and closing that big lid......or NOT and now it becomes a trip hazzard.
I’ll be installing a true bait tank for that purpose, no need to keep the lid open during the bite!

Are the fuel tanks the original tanks?

Original fuel tank, I’m in turmoil over this topic. No issues with the current tank yet. Has new seals, lines, and sending unit for what it’s worth. I was quoted around 6 k for the swap. Im not sure if that includes the tank but either way its not in the budget, not even close. I just have concerns of glassing in a bait tank and installing seadek on a deck which might need to be cut open in the not so distant future.

- Insta Trim trim tabs
- Autohelm Autopilot

Next up, the bad
I have a 94 extended cabin with a 300 as well. Are your scuppers under water at rest? Mine are & I need to address the problem.

Looks like a smart buy. I’m sure a pacific edge bait tank is in the future. What is that tank or can hanging off the rear pilot house wall?

Looks like a smart buy. I’m sure a pacific edge bait tank is in the future. What is that tank or can hanging off the rear pilot house wall?
The thing hanging off the pilot house is a sad attempt of a bait tank that currently isn’t plumbed. It will be removed and a 48 gallon tank will be installed. Still figuring out the best location for it due to the small dance floor.

That’s awesome!! I’ll definitely be reaching out to you with some questions myself! As far as the scuppers go, that’s a good question. I’ll make a note of it when I go out next but from I can tell they definitely look low!!! So do you have a wet ride? Are you thinking the solution is 61313467-61A3-4786-B48B-8AC7AA31CBA3.pngdifferent scuppers or relocation?

The thing hanging off the pilot house is a sad attempt of a bait tank that currently isn’t plumbed. It will be removed and a 48 gallon tank will be installed. Still figuring out the best location for it due to the small dance floor.
Why not just use that giant one in the floor. Mine works great.

Back