TRANQUILO My Parker 2330 Build

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Brite makes great products that work. For regular cleaning I use their Non-skid Deck Cleaner and Non-skid Wax. Be careful with the wax. Too much makes for slippery non-skid. For the bright work I use either Woody Wax or Collinite Fleet Wax.

For polishing the gelcoat I use 3M products. They have a great system. I use their Rubbing Compound to get rid of oxidation and Finesse-It II for polishing. Both with a buffer and a wool bonnet (I use a Dewalt buffer) at 1400 rpm. If the gelcoat is very oxidized you may need to do some wet sanding with 1000 grit wet/dry paper before the Compound. To know for sure do a small area with the compound first to see your results. If there is oxidation left, it's best to lightly wet sand first. For the finial shine and protection Collinite Fleet wax. The shine and water beading lasts about 6-8 months.

This picture is after the Compound (black bottle by the bucket) and Polish (Finesse-It II in the foreground) and before the Collinite Fleet Wax.
IMG_2561.jpeg

Alright so it’s been a bit since my last post. I’ve put a lot of work in so here are the updates on some of the previously addressed issues:

The BAD:

1. Dead wiper motors: I traced and tested all wiring for the motors. no way of getting around it, both motors are toast. I’ll be using rain x for a while lol

2. Dead windlass motor with no chain and inappropriate anchor: The motor on my windlass is on its way out. 200 dollars and I’m back on track with an awesome windlass right? Wrong! Well kind of, I serviced the windlass, swapped the motor out and tested it. Nice and strong. Bought 100’ of chain and a new 22lb lewmar plow anchor. Only to I discover my windlass doesn’t accept chain, WTF!? Apparently that’s a thing. So now I have a newly serviced windlass that needs to be upgraded lol. I think I might bight the bullet and buy a lone star drum winch, ughh. Someone out there might want a chainless windlass lol

3. I removed old electronics and filled in/ glassed over all old holes in roof, made sure everything was nice and dry before.

4. Electronics: I upgraded many electronics including my fuse panel/bus bars, toggle switches, batteries, battery isolator, re routed and removed about 20 lbs worth of old wiring. Also removed rewired and replaced all fuses on the switch paneI. New galaxy 8’ antennae. Installed new 8 speaker 1000w sound system, it’s sounds amazing!

5. Custom transom bait tank: I abandoned the idea of a custom glassed bait tank in the transom for several reasons: too much weight in the back, too expensive 5/6K, and the possibility of having to replace the original fuel tank would required additional removal/modification of the custom tank. Instead I opted for a 48 gallon blue water bait tank. I’ve been waiting for 2 months now for channel coast to receive my bait tank, it’s driving me crazy. While waiting I did all the wiring and plumbing with new Jabsco cyclone pump and appropriate brass. The tank will be installed as far forward in the cockpit as possible. It don’t have much room to spare but it’s better than the alternative.

The ugly

1. I removed and patched up all the old wiring hanging through the roof. Made custom starboard panels and added matching carpet.

2. Swapped old steering wheel

3. Cleaned up all plumbing and electrical. All new hose, lots of new ancor wire and waterproof connections.

I have a lot more stuff ahead of me but that’s the update for now!! Thank you for your help and wisdom along the way. Here are some photos!

35B5C6E5-AD89-45B4-88C5-0D8D056B50B1.jpeg

OLD
5455B161-9ABA-41B7-829D-ADDB07FF6E6A.jpeg

NEW
372F6FD2-7833-4D3E-8992-784A34B491A7.jpeg

OLD
6D739134-E1DE-4E18-AFDA-3CB1819BDA47.jpeg

NEW
9A7D97C0-4A26-491F-941E-945EDC84F04A.jpeg

I live in Ventura so I mostly launch from Ventura harbor and Channel Islands harbor.

Nice work! The 2320 extended has some trouble areas but overall it’s a fantastic layout. My biggest complaint is the very heavy stern and submerged scuppers. I relocated my batteries (2) from the stern to amidships and that helped. I still get a bit of water on deck when I’m out with some of my heavier fishing partners. My fuel tank is original as well with no problems ....yet 🤞🏻

The Suzuki’s have a reputation for lower units that don’t like to come down. If you can’t verify the last time that lower unit has been removed, you should drop it and grease the splines.....

The Suzuki’s have a reputation for lower units that don’t like to come down. If you can’t verify the last time that lower unit has been removed, you should drop it and grease the splines.....
Thanks, I just read that. It only has 160 hours but to my knowledge the lower has never been dropped or serviced. I’ll be dropping it and swapping out the impeller/seals/oil while I’m there. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Nice work! The 2320 extended has some trouble areas but overall it’s a fantastic layout. My biggest complaint is the very heavy stern and submerged scuppers. I relocated my batteries (2) from the stern to amidships and that helped. I still get a bit of water on deck when I’m out with some of my heavier fishing partners. My fuel tank is original as well with no problems ....yet 🤞🏻
It’s good to know there are other other 30 year old gas tanks functioning out there. I’m in the process of cleaning out my tank now. Old gas drained, all lines have been pulled, new filter will be installed. Problem is, when I drained out all the old fuel which actually didn’t look that bad I discovered a very fine thin layer of what looks like fine sand on the bottom of the tank. Not sure if it’s actually sand but it’s gritty and crystalline. Thank god for my dual fuel in line fuel filters. My plan is to use a water hose to push these fine deposits to a corner of the tank and shop vac them out. Any other suggestions?

Does anyone out there know if there is any kind of drainage for the fuel tank compartment on the older 2320’s? I would like to clean and hose down the top of the fuel tank but don’t want it to just pool around the tank.

Does anyone out there know if there is any kind of drainage for the fuel tank compartment on the older 2320’s? I would like to clean and hose down the top of the fuel tank but don’t want it to just pool around the tank.

I can’t say for sure on the 2320 but for the 2520 the answer is no drain. If you put a lot of liquid on the fuel tank, that liquid will be trapped in the coffin that the tank sits in.

I'd watch out with a shop vac around potential gas fumes.
Wise words, all gas was removed prior to the clean.

For those who are interested the shop vac worked like a charm. I simply attached a smaller flexible hose the the tip and repeatedly flushed/sucked out the tank. No more salt deposits and clean as new…. At least on the inside!

imma californian too. finally found my boat back east. can you either privately or public give me the contact details on your delivery guy mike. thnx

Back