Transom Plug

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozdogg

Reaction score
CP Family,

I have a question. I had my 2120 in a wet slip for two weeks and washed down the cabin area several times and the water went down the drain. When I had my boat pulled out of the water and back in my storage, I removed the transom plug and over a gallon of water drained from the transom! I thought the aft bilge pump should have pumped all of the water out that I was using to wash the cabin. Am I wrong? Thank you.

When you’re sitting still in the water the low spot could be a little more forward near the cabin so it would never reach the aft bilge (at least it is on the 2820) so water that settles in the forward section wouldn’t get pumped by the rear bilge. If you ran the boat before putting it on the rack/trailer it’s likely the water would have shifted aft and most would get picked up the rear bilge. You could explore adding a forward bilge but prob best to get opinions from other 2120 owners to know if it’s really worth it.

Take a peek down in the bilge to really quantify how much water you have. If you REALLY have to clean the cabin with water while on the water, you might want to bring a small shop vac with you. I have a small, basically disposable model that works great. Shore power obviously required. Clean the dry debris out of the shop vac before using it for water to avoid a sticky mess. Tape a brush handle to the hose end for remote use. The cabin floor gets disappointingly dirty, and I don't like putting water down that drain routinely. Well, ever to be honest, but that is just me.

Take a peek down in the bilge to really quantify how much water you have. If you REALLY have to clean the cabin with water while on the water, you might want to bring a small shop vac with you. I have a small, basically disposable model that works great. Shore power obviously required. Clean the dry debris out of the shop vac before using it for water to avoid a sticky mess. Tape a brush handle to the hose end for remote use. The cabin floor gets disappointingly dirty, and I don't like putting water down that drain routinely. Well, ever to be honest, but that is just me.
Thanks for the advice!

When on the trailer, you can hang a cotton strip (old shirt tail) through the drain, hanging down a foot of so. Place the other end of the rag in the low spot of the bilge water. It will passively drain the bilge to bone-dryness. The wind drys the rag and it constantly wicks more moisture. It can't be too tight where it passes through the drain. It is capillary action and it begins to drip only minutes after you put it in there.

Back