Transport a 2520 from NJ to North Carolina

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnC

Reaction score
Good morning!
Thought of selling my 2004 2520 before I move to NC, but she really is a great boat and I’ve decided to take her with me. Anyone have experience with that? Wondering if trailering her down behind my V8 F150 is a good idea or should I hire a transporter to do it for me.
Any info would be appreciated and if anyone has had a positive experience with a transporter, then please pass along the contact.
Thanks!!

Good morning!
Thought of selling my 2004 2520 before I move to NC, but she really is a great boat and I’ve decided to take her with me. Anyone have experience with that? Wondering if trailering her down behind my V8 F150 is a good idea or should I hire a transporter to do it for me.
Any info would be appreciated and if anyone has had a positive experience with a transporter, then please pass along the contact.
Thanks!!
If you have the time, I'd recommend bringing it down by water. It would be a fun trip! It's what I've done with our last two boats.... By the way, good move on keeping the Parker!

Good morning!
Thanks!!

I'd definitely hire a transporter, or as Andy said, contemplate making the trip by water. Trailering that distance with an F150 is going to put a lot of strain on the truck, not to mention the trailer and all associated points of the drivetrain. Plus, you're crossing a lot of jurisdictions there, so the permitting for trailering a 9'6" load across that many states might be somewhat of a nightmare. The transporter will take care of that for you, plus providing the commercial insurance should something go wrong on the road. If you make the trip by water, and then have to pull the trailer down empty, you'll still save a lot of wear and tear by not having the trailer loaded for the entire trip.

If you do decide to pull it yourself, check with your insurance provider to make sure that you're covered for doing so, both for loss and liability (when things go wrong with a trailered boat that size, they go REALLY wrong). Make sure to plan out your route carefully, taking into account bridges, tunnels, and all other details that you might miss when simply motoring down the road. Check the trailer to make sure everything is in tip-top shape, especially brakes and hubs. In fact, I might go ahead and replace the hubs and brake components before leaving, as relatively cheap insurance. And I'd definitely try to find a buddy with a full-size truck to pull it with. The V8 F150 will get it moving just fine... stopping is another matter.

Back