Trim Motor Issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
I just replaced my tilt and trim on my 06 Yamaha F250 after having issues with it last season. After replacing the motor and topping off the fluid I tried the motor and it operated fine when pressing down but would not go up...just a clicking sound from the relay up in the outboard. After pressing it a few times (10?) it worked. I replaced all fluids and filters yesterday and again I had to press it a couple times to get it to go up. Any ideas?

Thanks Jay

Ended up removing the relay to see if there was any corrosion or loose connections. I didn't see anything wrong but now it is working fine...lets see for how long.

Scrape/clean connections and apply dielectric grease. 'Dry' old connections can sometimes do that ...

Well I went to clean the boat on Thursday (day off) for tomorrow's first trip this year and the motor would not go up. Had enough and bought a new relay and now all is fine and working well. Boy those Yamaha parts are $$$$$

Back