Trim Tabs and Hydrofoil

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Parker Family,

On my last boat I had to install a hydrofoil to help help get on plane. I get my new 2120 in a few weeks and it will have trim tabs already installed. Will I need a hydrofoil too? Just trying to make the right call...Thanks!
Hey ozdogg ..05 /2120 yamaha 150 4.stroke just put 4 blade prop on 14-1/4 x 14 ..had 3 blade 14-1/4 x16 ..alot more push jumps up good ,has trim tabs no permatrim ..ken prop gods !.. good pep !..

Attachments

• 20210410_192504.jpg
    20210410_192504.jpg
    934.3 KB · Views: 27
Anybody have any prop recommendations for my new 2120? Looking to get the bag for my buck. Thanks!

I just installed Permatrim & a 4 blade prop on my 2016 2320SL w/ F250XCA. I run heavy and wanted to get a better hole shot, stern lift and better mid-range cruising performance. Launching in 2 weeks and I'm anxious to see if I've reached my goals.
Many CP members and Ken at Prop Gods have provided me with advice which is greatly appreciated.

Launched today with my new OFS 14P prop and Permatrim on my 2320SL with F250XCA. Everything operated as I hoped. Stern lift & mid range performance were great. I got @ 0.5-0.6 mpg increase at 25 mph. I'm very pleased.

I have the Permatrim and 12x18 tabs. Also raised the motor all the way up. I have several threads about it and some performance numbers. Permatrim on the 2120 is one of the best adds I’ve done. Last weekend I was heading into some steep sound side chop with 20kt + winds. Was able to run on top with the bow solidly down at 14.5 mph. Game changer running into choppy head seas. Enjoy.

Shawnee83, Do you have the stock prop on your engine? Also, are the 12x18 trim tabs stock from Parker? Thanks!

I have the Permatrim and 12x18 tabs. Also raised the motor all the way up. I have several threads about it and some performance numbers. Permatrim on the 2120 is one of the best adds I’ve done. Last weekend I was heading into some steep sound side chop with 20kt + winds. Was able to run on top with the bow solidly down at 14.5 mph. Game changer running into choppy head seas. Enjoy.
Shawnee83, Do you have the stock prop on your engine? Also, are the 12x18 trim tabs stock from Parker? Thanks!

S
Does drilling in to the cavitation plate void any engine warranties?

Launched today with my new OFS 14P prop and Permatrim on my 2320SL with F250XCA. Everything operated as I hoped. Stern lift & mid range performance were great. I got @ 0.5-0.6 mpg increase at 25 mph. I'm very pleased.

Is that a four blade prop? Better plan time? I have a 2015 2320 with a 250 and am interested in doing the same. Maybe adding the bigger trim tabs also.

I have the same boat and motor as you. Had 15x17 3 blade prop. Barely any grip and bow ride high. Switched to a 14.5x17 4 blade and couldn't get to WOT. Just ordered a 14.5x15 4 blade prop I'll let you know how it works out.

Went out today fully loaded 4 guys and about 100lbs of gears and 1/2 a tank. the new prop seems to handle very nicely but I cannot get the F200 to WOT to 6k rpm. It peaked out at 5500 rpm at 35mph GPS. whole shot is good and handles the water quite nicely.

Seems I'm within range of 5000-6000 do you think I can squeeze more out of it to get it up to 6k?

On my 2510 I have twin Suzuki 150s with permatrim and trim tabs 21pitch props. The permatrim lets me trim up the motors and keeps the boat on plane and the trim tabs level the ride. Big difference with the permatrim.

Is that a four blade prop? Better plan time? I have a 2015 2320 with a 250 and am interested in doing the same. Maybe adding the bigger trim tabs also.
Yes, it's a 15.5" X 14"P 4 blade. Better time to plane, stern lift and mpg @ cruise.
Very pleased with outcome.

Back