Trim tabs on a 23SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seahare

Reaction score
I didn't get as much of a response to my post "trim tabs yes or no" so I'll be more specific. If you have a 23SE like I do, or a 21SE, with trim tabs, would you tell me your experience with them. Like what benefits do you think you get from them. I don't want to spend the money and drill a bunch of holes in my transom if there isn't a pretty good reason. Thanks to everyone.

Attached are a couple more pictures of my conversion to a dual console from a center console. I bought this boat new as a bare hull back in 1988 and built it up as a center console and used it that way for 30 years. I wanted a dual console and this is how I got it. A lot of thought and many hours of work.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Never heard anyone say they regret having tabs. If your not missing them and have been happy in the last 30 years without them then dont bother.
You would only benifit from them if you use them and use them properly. So many "boaters" have them and dont bother with them.

I have a 23se w/ 200 4-stroke. The tabs are great for balancing a load and leveling out at a lower planning speed during rough conditions. You can also favor the bow up in a cross wind. I rarely use the tabs if running the boat alone. But add a few extra folks and cargo, the tabs enhance how you can run the boat safely.

all my parkers had trim tabs because they came to me with them. i know there are guys that love tabs. personally, i rarely if ever use them on my 23 se cc. i find the motor trim more than adequate for that boat while running and its so stable i’ve never had a leaning issue.

I live on the chesapeake bay, and have an 05 21se. Honestly without the tabs I wouldnt be as confident on rough days. With the se and small deadrise when you get out in rough stuff it can beat you up. The benefit of my 21se is the flare, and im able to bury the tabs to keep the bow down to cut through rough chop to use that flare to my advantage. I know alot of people will say tabs are just for leveling your boat, but I use mine to push the bow down to cut through the waves(something I can't accomish with just the engine trim). I've had the boat out in seriously rough conditions; such as when I was in islamorada last year from November 1-7 and hurricane eta came through. The day I left was when eta passed over islamorada, but the whole week prior I was using the boat in high winds and small craft advisories with no problem. Bay side was just as bad. Im not sure the size, but I can measure. This is a picture before I cleaned and triluxed the tabs. Honestly I don't think I would enjoy the boat nearly as much with them. I work at a dealership and see alot of boats from the factory coming with small tabs, I wouldnt waste my money. I refuse to put a hydrofoil on my lower and am super happy with my tabs except I'd like to upgrade to intergrated led switch mount......which the new lencos and bennet both come as an all in on system, not just the pad.

Attachments

• 20200704_150135.jpg
    20200704_150135.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201102_133512.jpg
    20201102_133512.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20201102_133521.jpg
    20201102_133521.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Back