Trolling Motor on a Big Bay 2300T

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onemoreday

Reaction score
Finally found my Big Bay after an 18-month search. It has no trolling motor wiring. Anyone have a clue if there is access from the bow to the center console? Thinking of installing the TM batteries in the console for weigh distribution purposes. The anchor locker must drain to the bilge, so there is that... Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thinking 54" shaft and 24 volt, mostly inshore fishing.

Can’t speak to your exact model, but a common route for trolling motor wiring is from the console forward to the pie plate access for the fuel tank fittings located forward of the console, then up the fuel chase, then forward under the gunnel to the anchor locker.

Also, assuming it’s a 21, I’d definitely recommend the 36v motor. You’ll be happier with the extra thrust.

Response from Parker "There is a rigging tube that goes from the front, port side of the center console to the anchor locker…..It is designed to accommodate the wiring that’s necessary to put a trolling motor on the bow. I agree with your decision to mount your batteries in the center console….This is the perfect place for them. "

Check and Confirm !

I had a boat.... Different brand... Factory told him pretty much that..... Guess what?
It didn't exist and that changed the configuration.

Warthog was right...
To Parkers credit they ACTUALLY called me to tell me they made a mistake and there is no rigging tube on boat not equipped with a TM from the factory.

Back