Tuna in a 2501 transom fish box?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthomas516

Reaction score
Just wondering how many decent sized YFT can fit in a transom fix box of a 2501 or 2801 as they have the same size transom box.

Quite obviously depends on size....and even smaller class fish(sub 50) don't fit comfortably in that box. (need to contort fish to get it all in). The bottom of that box only measures about 11 inches wide....

That transom fish box has an R-4 value (or something similarly small). I don't think that 100lbs of ice would last more than 4 hours in that storage box.

Unless you are fishing in the winter months, you'll need a more appropriate fish icing/fish storage solution.

yea. use the transom box for cast nets, buckets, wet spreader bars, etc…

get a big ass cooler or fish bag for the transom deck or in front of the console. much better insulated. much better for getting the fish off the boat …:)

On my 2520xld I use wine corks to plug the fish box drains. Try to keep a much ice stored in a large ice chest. Some kept in the fish box with a little bit of salt water added. I find it keeps fish very well. Extra space if you pull the drop in boxes from each end. As you add fish, cover with fresh ice and a little water. Fish keeps really well.

Back