Underwater lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleopoldi914

Reaction score
So the underwater lights on my boat never worked from the first day on my 2021 21se.

Rather than warranty them for something that will consistently break, I would rather just spend the money for good underwater lights.

I have a hard coat multi season hard ablative on the boat. The shop used petit Trinidad hd.

The stock ones I believe are a rectangle shape. If I replaced with round ones like a lumitech sea blaze they are round so I would need to creat a template using a marker. Then sand off the bottom paint but the circle lights won’t cover the square right.

I saw the macris lights here

And you apply them with just 4200, I would assume the old screw holes I would fill with epoxy. Make the hole with the wires bigger. Then make a template and trace the bigger lights, they are 15 inch. Then j would sand and apply with 4200.

Here is a video of the brand I am looking at but smaller and one an 18 parker.

They did the 10 inch in the video but I am thinking if I go bigger like 15 inches then I can reuse the hole from the old lights and not have to use bottom paint to touch up….

Here are the lights……

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/mrimiu...TrXwN_hYOh_cNYsIB8OvmDGHuRFeaGcAaAr_6EALw_wcB

What do you think? Am I right on my thinking and process? Should I just pay the shop that did the bottom paint?

I would like to match the color of the blue lights on the boat but I will use at night to fish. Is green a better attractant?

Last edited:
Hello?!
Not sure what your skill level is..but this is very do able.

Scary part is drilling into your boat below the waterline =) ( and making sure you properly seal your work!)

Replaced the original rectangle lights on my previous Parker with Lumitec SeaBlaze lights. Those lights (the Lumitec's )are nearly 4 inches across and easily covered the original 2 mounting screws for the factory lights. I just filled the old holes as you described, used the template and made new holes for the Lumitec lights. I did have to make the factory wire hole a tad bigger to accommodate the Limitec design. Bedded the things in 4200 and never had an issue.

RE: Color choice - I'm sure there is some scientific data out there to support green as the superior fish attractant- but I don't use the lights to fish...I use them at the sandbar to entertain my lady friends :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello?!
Not sure what your skill level is..but this is very do able.

Scary part is drilling into your boat below the waterline =) ( and making sure you properly seal your work!)

Replaced the original rectangle lights on my previous Parker with Lumitec SeaBlaze lights. Those lights (the Lumitec's )are nearly 4 inches across and easily covered the original 2 mounting screws for the factory lights. I just filled the old holes as you described, used the template and made new holes for the Lumitec lights. I did have to make the factory wire hole a tad bigger to accommodate the Limitec design. Bedded the things in 4200 and never had an issue.

RE: Color choice - I'm sure there is some scientific data out there to support green as the superior fish attractant- but I don't use the lights to fish...I use them at the sandbar to entertain my lady friends :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How do you like the seablaze? I saw they make ones where you can change the color and don’t need extra wiring. So that would be good for me to use blue to match the interior on my boat when under way then when I anchor switch to green.

How do you like the seablaze? I saw they make ones where you can change the color and don’t need extra wiring. So that would be good for me to use blue to match the interior on my boat when under way then when I anchor switch to green.
I love the Lumitec product. The housings are robust. Of course- if you poke around the internet- you'll find those who don't like their product- but they have been flawless for me. I had the X2 variety on the 2320- and have a set waiting to go on my 2810CC- so I could pick whatever color I wanted.

I love that there are no external drivers ( read: more parts) for the Lumitec lights- you can use a regular on/off switch to control the colors and intensity. ( they have this proprietary technology that makes this possible)

Ok I ordered the macris industry lights.

They are local here in Ct and the owner saw my post and gave me a call. He is a local fisherman.

I got the ice blue to match the boat. Hodges marine had them on sale. The lumitec were attractive but for me to get the spectrum ones we are talking $800-$1k. The macris were half the cost and I like the fact there is a local product.

I am going to have the shop here install them when I pull the boat. It’s also nice I don’t need to drill my transom and can epoxy the existing screw holes then use the wiring hole.

I will post pics when done….

Got the lights in the mail today. Can’t wait to install them when I yank the boat.

Attachments

• 74CB2788-1B0C-4875-BA61-74AF947E184F.jpeg
    74CB2788-1B0C-4875-BA61-74AF947E184F.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
  • CDEFFAAE-43FC-41B6-AD00-58B27D7D34D2.jpeg
    CDEFFAAE-43FC-41B6-AD00-58B27D7D34D2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
I know you want new lights, but why not have Parker fix your lights under warranty as you paid for them to work when you purchase the new boat.
I have a new 25 SE with lights and they work amazing.
Honestly I don’t want to replace something that will keep breaking. Everyone says how bad they suck. The dealer even told me they don’t know why Parker puts such junk lights on the boat. I would rather just fix it once and be done with it

I know you want new lights, but why not have Parker fix your lights under warranty as you paid for them to work when you purchase the new boat.

Key is, “new 25SE”. Keep an eye on them; a large number of people experience issues with them within a couple seasons.

After that the question becomes, do you want to keep wasting time and money hauling the boat back to the dealer for warranty work that will likely just fail again, or do you bite the bullet and upgrade to better lights so you solve the problem permanently?

Most people choose the latter.

Key is, “new 25SE”. Keep an eye on them; a large number of people experience issues with them within a couple seasons.

After that the question becomes, do you want to keep wasting time and money hauling the boat back to the dealer for warranty work that will likely just fail again, or do you bite the bullet and upgrade to better lights so you solve the problem permanently?

Most people choose the latter.
I also replaced and rebedded all the hardware with 4200 and high quality 316 from bolt depot. The stock hardware rusted after only 3 months. Parker’s warranty claim was hilarious. Stainless is not stain proof. Lol I wash the boat after every trip and had a 40 year old whaler before with not one ounce of rust.

then the pumps they use for the livewell constantly break. I rigged mine up on a quick disconnect and get a spar under the console for plug and play.

no boat is perfect but where they skimp here is on the accesorios.

btw the boat is a 2021

2019 here, mine are fine. Probably a loose connection. Checking that is free.

i watched their installation video. Is the 4200 method the only way to install them?

I know I'll get backlash here but u stray far away from 4200 a d 5200 unless I know something is going to be a permanent fixture.

I swear by sikaflex 291 for every transducer I mount, every screw under the water line, my engine mounting bolts when I'm mounting an engine. My old boss was a d!ck, but this is one product he passed my way and I have never had a problem. Love 4200 and 5200 also, but they all have their places.

I know I'll get backlash here but u stray far away from 4200 a d 5200 unless I know something is going to be a permanent fixture.

I swear by sikaflex 291 for every transducer I mount, every screw under the water line, my engine mounting bolts when I'm mounting an engine. My old boss was a d!ck, but this is one product he passed my way and I have never had a problem. Love 4200 and 5200 also, but they all have their places.
I’ve never had a problem with 4200, 5200 is misused 95% of the time.

im excited to get the new lights in.

Back