Use this season ... hours? Miles?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the Hate to Wait away this afternoon. Since I do not own a trailer, I drove it by water from Annapolis to Deale where Tri-State picks it up and stores it for me. My statistics for the year are:

31 trips
81 engine hours (I do a lot of drift fishing without the engine on, and I rarely troll)
865 miles traveled on the GPS
315 gallons of fuel
3 gallons of Yamalube
Overall avg fuel economy with 200-hp HPDI = 2.75 mpg

I would call my fishing success ordinary this year. I caught lots of small fish, but rarely caught bragging size fish. The most noteworthy fish were: a) my first ever yellow perch last winter, caught from my kayak. It was tiny but was fun finding -- it got me out of the house several times during the offseason, b) a large pickerel just a few weeks ago. The rascal broke off before I could lift him in the boat, but I suspect he was about 24-25".

The most unusual fishing I tried this year was flyfishing for trout in a stocked pond in Scotland. I was pretty awkward with the long wand. I could see huge trout swimming by at my feet, probably taunting me, but they completely ignored my fly. The setting was beautiful, and the cask-brewed ales in my hotel pub were outstanding.

I already bought my Christmas present -- a new 10.5" color fishfinder with extra fuel flow and fluid level sensors. Now I can look forward to 2007 with the hopes that my new technology will make me a better fisherman. :lol:

Way to go John! :D

Looking forward to the SRRKC "Pickerel-Palooza 2007" tourney. 8)

I went out for a couple of hours this morning. 45 hours this year and a few more trips planned. I'll pull her Saturday after turkey day and do at least on CBBT trip.

coachbob":2oredpkl said:
I haven't had the boat out since football started, for me that is Aug.1st. I coach at CNU. I hope to get a couple of trips for rock fish when the college season is over. :D

And a pretty good job you do, coach! I graduated from there with a BA in Economics. I won't tell when..........

I retired from the Navy in May and was lucky to have the summer off doing nothing but being Mr Mom (for a 16 & 18 yr old)...The Mr Mom part wasn't too time consuming so I was able to put 140 hrs on our 2320 SC. The good life is over now that "Lori Ann" is out of the water and I'm back to work in two weeks.

JimH

Back