Washdown pump Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBayhound

Reaction score
Hi fella's, I was wondering if it's ok to leave the washdown pump switch on for extended periods of time. Mine seems to act like it has a pressure/flow switch. Pump comes on when in use then turns off when not in use. So it seems like it could stay on w/out harming the pump.
Just trying to figure out if I can keep the switch on rather then switching it on and off every time I wanna use it.
Thanks

When installing a washdown pump.....and especially on a Pilothouse.
I install the switch [Push/Pull] under the aft washboard. WHY?

Because you don't have to bother the captian while running to your next spot.....And if your mate is doing his job......They are back there cleaning up from that last drop. That switch location means No long wiring run. Switch placed right near where you want to use it....No running back and forth.

Because you don't have to bother the captian while running to your next spot.....And if your mate is doing his job......They are back there cleaning up from that last drop. That switch location means No long wiring run. Switch placed right near where you want to use it....No running back and forth.
This is a great idea. I use mine to fill and purge a bait tank (croakers and spot are tough, run it for 5 minutes every 20 or so when I think about it). A switch in the back would be great.

Hey Warthog, Parker should have you on their "design/advisory board"!

Hi fella's, I was wondering if it's ok to leave the washdown pump switch on for extended periods of time. Mine seems to act like it has a pressure/flow switch. Pump comes on when in use then turns off when not in use. So it seems like it could stay on w/out harming the pump.
Just trying to figure out if I can keep the switch on rather then switching it on and off every time I wanna use it.
Thanks
Yes, there is a pressure switch on my wash down pump that shuts it off at a certain pressure, ie: you stop spraying water. I leave the master switch on all day, have never had a problem. I also mounted the switch in the cockpit like Warthog recommends but on my cockpit helm.

On the subject of pumps.....The Baddest ones out there are the Jabsco Parmax Hotshot. Made in 5,6 & 7gpm @ 70PSI......They will knock the Squid juice off the deck.

I usually install the 6GPM.

But not long ago I ran into a problem with one .

You see...The boat had the intake.....it had the wiring and the switch at the helm.....But No pump was ever installed from the factory.

New wiring was run....Needed larger wiring due to amp draw......But the problem was the pueny intake size the factory installed. Not big enough.

I didn't want to get involved in changing the intake....it was like 1/2in.....So I just put a pump in that was of a lesser stature.

Back