Washdown pump quick connect fitting leaking

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afitzray

Reaction score
Anyone else had trouble with the quick connect fittings on a washdown pump? I have a jabsco that I think is not even the high pressure one but it has a spray coming from the quick connect on the pump outlet side. The o-ring is on the fitting and the retainer clip clicks into place with no issue. But even then it seems like it’s not 100% secure. The hose is secure in the barb, the water is definitely coming from the quick connect connection. Am I just missing something obvious?

I don't believe your missing anything... I've often wondered about that style of hook up. If a boat is sitting unattended in the water all the time.

I've never had this problem your having.

I don't believe your missing anything... I've often wondered about that style of hook up. If a boat is sitting unattended in the water all the time.

I've never had this problem you’re having.
Yeah, I’d like to get something with threaded ports for peace of mind. Looks like jabsco and Johnson only use the quick connects now. Whale and shurflo seem to be the only brands (other than the random stuff on Amazon) that use threaded ports. Whale has one that’s 70psi but only listed at 4.5 gpm- I may give this one a shot.

Whale High Pressure Washdown Pump with Trigger Handset

I was really hoping to get something like the jabsco hotshot that’s been recommended a few times and sounded like it had enough water flow to really clean the blood and crud off the cockpit.

The SureFlow
s I've seen are all Quick connector. Boat manufactures use Sure Flow....aka "No Flow". If you get 2yrs out of a Sure Flow, your doing good.... I replace with Jabsco parmax.

The SureFlow
s I've seen are all Quick connector. Boat manufactures use Sure Flow....aka "No Flow". If you get 2yrs out of a Sure Flow, your doing good.... I replace with Jabsco parmax.
I ordered the Whale pump since it was one of the few that didn’t have the o-ring quick connect fittings. I’ll try to remember to report back if it fails early.

I think I’m gonna try replacing the o-rings and moving the jabsco to run my freshwater tank. I found the box for ut and it was only 3.5 gpm so not much good for knocking crud off the deck anyway. If the connections fail there then at least it’s freshwater spraying out and it’s limited by the tank fir the amount it can spill.

Back