WATCH OUT for the new ethanol fuel in NE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ffwilliam":3dvwvzzv said:
I'm picking up my "new" 2004 2120 this week. Anyone know if it has a fiberglass gas tank? I'm gettin' freaked out.

All Parkers have aluminum tanks installed when built.
You'll be fine. 8)

I ran several tank fulls of E-10 through my rig this last summer, fall, and early winter. No problems, so a 5 year old tank may not have enough deposits in it to create the problem.

On the last trip (CBBT in Dec), I let the tank get down to the lower 1/4, added stabilizer, and then took her in for the annual service and winterization. The winterization process included stabilizer, so she is probably double-dosed.

Will let the Parker Nation know the results of the winter storage when I break her out in about a month. Last year, I was back on the water at this time, but this year I've got 3 weeks of business trips to LA between now and 13 Apr. :( :( :(

I've got an '04 2120 and it has an aluminum tank. You can see the top of it where the sender attaches from the access hole in the cockpit.

John

Back