Watch out Grady White ... Parkers are coming at ya'

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
J.D. Power award for Coastal Fishing Boats from 17’ to 28’ length:

1) Grady-White
2) Triton
3) Parker

This is the fifth time that Grady-White has won in this category, " ... receiving the highest segment ratings in the areas of engine and ride/handling, as well as customer satisfaction,” according to Power and Associates.

The J.D. Power spokesman pointed out that Grady-White scored 888 points, 14 points less than the previous year, while Triton had improved 17 points to score 871, and Parker garnered 838 points.

Twenty-one brands were ranked.

JD Powers is initial quality. I wonder what the results would be after 5 and 10 years when stuff needs replacing.. It certainly is easier to keep a parker looking good and in shape after 10 years than a boat with all the little "extras".

B-Faithful":3ob8xskt said:
JD Powers is initial quality. I wonder what the results would be after 5 and 10 years when stuff needs replacing.. It certainly is easier to keep a parker looking good and in shape after 10 years than a boat with all the little "extras".

Interesting thought B-Faithful. The test of time in a marine environment is the true test. Any salt will know that. Its nice to know out of the box but we never keep the box we just trhow it away and keep the goodies. I alway felt that you need to ask yourself how well will be after years of service out on the water. Opinions really change after its not NEW any longer!! :)

BAZ...

Esteemed fellow Parker owners,
The Grady's posted these results and started a lively debate over on the TidalFish Chesapeake Angler message board. Since the local Grady dealer is also a BIG Parker dealer, they took the middle road pointinmg out Parker's toughness and reasonable pricing compared to Grady's fluff features and the BIG bucks it takes to get one. Better fish guts on the deck of a Parker then wine stains on the deck of a Grady. :p

Back