Water in bilge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porkchunker":jeahkulj said:
Did you see my question about three message up?

What is behind the curved panel below the red arrows on your picture? Does that lead to the bilge? Can water get under that panel?

Porkchunker, I did answer your question. See below. 8)

96TL":jeahkulj said:
Porkchunker, that wall in the pic I posted leads into the bilge! It's under the fish box, so I don't think that much water could get in from there, maybe a few drops here and there. Maybe that's where the water has been coming from this whole time? Why would they leave that area open like that? To vent the bilge?

Sorry...somehow I read right past it.

Unless that wall has sealant under it that deflects the water to the sides and to the scuppers, water could get under the wall and down into the bilge.

Try this...put a dry towel down in the bilge, close the bilge hatch, then slowly run water from a hose up against the base of the wall. Let it run for a few minutes...then open the bilge hatch and see if the towel is wet. The trick it to get water up against the base of the wall, and not onto the lid of the hatch cover, so you can eliminate water coming in from the hatch during the test.

If the towel is wet and you were careful to eliminate water coming in the hatch, then that wall needs some sealant between it and the deck.

If the towel is not wet, then the water is coming from somewhere else.

I can't imagine that Parker built an anchor locker without a drain. Check again...there has to be some kind of small drain either overboard, or down the keel toward the forward bilge.

Let us know what you discover.

I dried all the water out of my bilge on Sunday. It was completely dry. It rained here all day on Tuesday. I went to my boat last night and the bilge has water in it again.

Porkchunker, I'm going to try your test out over the weekend. I highly doubt this hatch could be leaking too. It has to be coming in from that wall surrounding the bilge.

Some water in the bilge to be expected, I guess.

The most I've had has been about 3-4 quarts, and that has been after a good rain and being out for a while.

I have 2 pumps...1 forward and 1 rear. They are each only 300 g/p/h. Came with the 2310 when I bought it this April. I'm going to upgrade the g/p/h in the Spring just to be on the safe side but no problems this far, and I've had her out a lot since I bought her.

Mac

Back