Water in starboard cabin storage locker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Island Dreamer

Reaction score
I continue to get a small amount of water in the triangle shaped storage locker down in the Vberth area in front of the helm on my 2520. I recently replaced the thru hull fitting where the forward bilge pump empties. That is supper solid now and there is no water coming from the outside. It is hard to see in to the space, but I did run my hand over the bilge pump exit tube to see if it was damaged and didnt find anything. I checked under the hull and there is no damage there either. I don't have a fresh water tank on the boat. Besides the bilge pump tube running thru this locker, is the any other way water can get in there? I was thinking of adding some food coloring to some water and pumping out the front bilge to see if that is the source but would love to hear where else to look!

Attachments

• IMG_4891.jpg
    IMG_4891.jpg
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4893.jpg
    IMG_4893.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
I continue to get a small amount of water in the triangle shaped storage locker down in the Vberth area in front of the helm on my 2520. I recently replaced the thru hull fitting where the forward bilge pump empties. That is supper solid now and there is no water coming from the outside. It is hard to see in to the space, but I did run my hand over the bilge pump exit tube to see if it was damaged and didnt find anything. I checked under the hull and there is no damage there either. I don't have a fresh water tank on the boat. Besides the bilge pump tube running thru this locker, is the any other way water can get in there? I was thinking of adding some food coloring to some water and pumping out the front bilge to see if that is the source but would love to hear where else to look!
Hi Island D.... What year model is your 2520?... We too have a 2520, and have never had water and/or moisture in either of those lockers... Our locker does not look like yours; ours is shiny-slick-gel-coated, and there is no hole/opening other than the hatch. Also confusing to me is the direction the floor of your compartment is slanted; it's different than ours?.... How long has this been going on? Winter? Where are you located; what climate? Could it be condensation?

Last edited:
Different set up than what I have also. Maybe a pin hole in the bilge pump hose.

Does water appear constantly or only after it rains or after running the boat? Can you completely dry out the bilge? If not, dry out the locker and disconnect the bilge pump and see what happens.

I too had this problem. It was the starboard porthole leaking. I removed and resealed it. Problem solved. Not saying this is your problem, but worth a look.

I too had this problem. It was the starboard porthole leaking. I removed and resealed it. Problem solved. Not saying this is your problem, but worth a look.
Thank you! Did you use a caulking or buy a pre made strip to reseal it?

Beckson has install instructions online

https://www.beckson.com/ports.html
I have had two similar problems with my 2003 2520.
The first time, I found the thru hull for the forward bilge pump was cracked allowing water in thru the fitting while in rough water.
The second time, again in rough water, water would leak in thru the joint behind the rub rail. A bead of caulking under the rub rail solved that.

Mine was getting water entering through the glass deck hatch, the glass had come unsealed from the frame, had to be removed and reinstalled with 3M windoweld.

Back