Water not draining

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bberm1122

Reaction score
Parker 2320:

Bilge under cabin (space includes drainage for cooler on floor of cockpit too) is not freely draining while boat is out of waster on trailer. Where does it drain? Can I run anything through to unclog it?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 96A9B693-E139-4608-8F66-7294208DD007.jpeg
    96A9B693-E139-4608-8F66-7294208DD007.jpeg
    823.3 KB · Views: 79
  • BA47E217-4C2D-4BCA-ABF0-DB01D146D290.jpeg
    BA47E217-4C2D-4BCA-ABF0-DB01D146D290.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
First of all, what's going on with what looks like the chunk of debris and the busted bilge pump in the first picture??

Second, that compartment should drain through a PVC tube to the aft bilge. It can get clogged periodically, especially if that IS some sort of debris in that picture. Some members have had good luck with a gun cleaning rod run through the stern drain plug and up through the drain tube, or you could use a drain snake of some sort.

I just bought boat end of summer. This is how I found it. Not sure how it came apart like that.

First of all, what's going on with what looks like the chunk of debris and the busted bilge pump in the first picture??

Second, that compartment should drain through a PVC tube to the aft bilge. It can get clogged periodically, especially if that IS some sort of debris in that picture. Some members have had good luck with a gun cleaning rod run through the stern drain plug and up through the drain tube, or you could use a drain snake of some sort.

Attachments

• 07451AED-596D-454C-8DF9-4EE7CC88A2E7.jpeg
    07451AED-596D-454C-8DF9-4EE7CC88A2E7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
You are definitely going to want to address that once you get that compartment dried out.

From the picture, it looks like the wood panel that is glassed to the hull delaminated and came loose from the hull. This could have been caused by the wood getting wet, freezing and the expansion from the frozen water popping the whole unit off the hull. Also could have been an impact, or many other reasons. Looks like the bilge pump came off the base, which appears to be attached to the wood panel, and is now dangling by its hose. The float switch wires look like what's keeping that piece in place. That's a dangerous condition, as if you run the boat like that you could end up ripping the float switch off it's wires, potentially causing a short. In any case your forward pump is not going to work correctly in this condition.

I suspect your clog is caused by remnants of this failure, or conversely that the standing water in that compartment caused the wood to get wet and come off. Kind of a chicken/egg scenario.

The good news is, once that compartment is dry, it's not a terribly difficult fix. Just needs a really basic knowledge of fiberglass techniques. It would make a great first glass project if you don't have experience doing that type of work.

My 2016 2120 SC was recently hauled out to clean her bottom. I was checking her out back at the dock
live well, raw water pump and lastly I introduced fresh water to the pilot house cabin floor drain. It doesn't seem to be draining to the aft bilge.My question is this plumbed like the examples above?

My 2016 2120 SC was recently hauled out to clean her bottom. I was checking her out back at the dock
live well, raw water pump and lastly I introduced fresh water to the pilot house cabin floor drain. It doesn't seem to be draining to the aft bilge.My question is this plumbed like the examples above?

Was the boat back in the water when you put the FW into the bilge? If so, it's fairly normal for this area to accumulate some water at rest. Depending on the trim it's usually the lowest point in the boat. When the boat is on plane the water should drain to the bilge; if you can open the pie plate access and have someone check next time you run the boat that would be the best way of determining if there's a clog. Alternatively, you can put more water in there; eventually it will drain aft if the tube is clear. If the water level gets excessively high, and the rear bilge remains dry, you probably have a clog. If you try it this way, don't forget to turn off your pumps during the test.

Thanks for your recommendation! Y'all seem to be a pretty nice bunch! We are getting the remnants
of Zeta now here in S.C. but I'll try what you suggested at my first opportunity. Meanwhile here
are some entertainments :

from my Hometown :
BIRDS EYE VIEW OF ENGLEWOOD FLORIDA!!!!!! (4K)

It's real easy to get boat envy in Southwest Florida! Here's an example

Drawing Board: Wheeler 38
The World’s Most Famous Sportfisherman, Redux
Jeff Moser
Aug 26, 2019

Drawing Board: Wheeler 38

https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_860/MTY2NDcyNzM1ODk4MjE1NzMy/prm-wheeler-pilar.webp

Captain Morgan....

Don't Avoid it,,Don't Fear It,....

https://resize.yandex.net/mailservice?url=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F6%2F6f%2FHenry_Morgan_in_colour.jpg%2F220px-Henry_Morgan_in_colour.jpg&proxy=yes&key=4c0dca827cafe6dc108b03b22900769b

Back