Went out today and it was a tough bite...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
... but we did catch some fish!

My buddy Dave jigged up a dink rock...

Image-36CB0F447DA011DB.jpg

I jigged up a nice fat white perch...

Image-36CB43F67DA011DB.jpg

The Admiral jigged up a nice oyster shell...

Image-36CB75B27DA011DB.jpg

We jigged the rockpiles and piers under the bridges...

Image-36CBFE2C7DA011DB.jpg

Then finally... Jigging a "Specialized Baits" Crippled Herring...

Image-36CD685C7DA011DB.jpg

Image-36CD9DCC7DA011DB.jpg

A very fat 22" rock, that was released to be caught another day. :wink:

Image-36CDCC797DA011DB.jpg

If this ends up being our last fishing trip of the season... it was a good one. :)

Image-36CE51427DA011DB.jpg

Kevin,

You're not giving up yet are you?

BTW, your 22" rock was about the same size as we were catching at the CBBT this last weekend. The Noreaster really muddied the water and made the fishing difficult.

Porkchunker":3j4679ra said:
You're not giving up yet are you?

No way!

But... with holiday stuff and uncertain weather on tap, if today was my last trip, I can remember it with a smile on my face. :wink:

Are those first 2 pictures of the bait you used :?: to catch the nice striper ... errr, rockfish as shown in the last few pictures :shock: ?

DaleH":35ztenxb said:
Are those first 2 pictures of the bait you used :?: to catch the nice striper ... errr, rockfish as shown in the last few pictures :shock: ?

Naaaaaa..... Those little ones were "practice". 8)

When that rock hit my lure, it was subtle...
It hit light... and I paused... and it hit again... and I counted... 1, 2, 3... then hook-set!

Fish on! :wink:

Dale,

I'm with you on this...it hurts my eyes to see stripers called rockfish!

BTW, what is the keeper length in the Chesapeake?

dave-j":1y8fa4co said:
Thanks for the link. I like the slot system, but 18" seems awfully small for a "keeper".

I have a feeling that is going to change (upward) in 2007.

dave-j":32zx9lm9 said:
Thanks for the link. I like the slot system, but 18" seems awfully small for a "keeper".

You are thinking migratory fish. We have a lot of resident fish here on the bay. Our min length in the spring was 33" when we get our crack at the migratory fish after spawning..

BTW, Maybe it is the S. Jersey in me but I call em Stripers too...

dave-j wrote:

If you chase stripers for sport, 18" is small......But, if you chase them for food , an 18" one tastes the best :D Just this old man's opinion.....Catching an 18" one on 6 pound test with light tackle is great fun and great food!

Back