WhalinDave, Glad to meet you all

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhalinDave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fish Southern California. The Parker is my 4th boat and is ideal for what I like to do. It is a '97 2520 DVSC with a Volvo diesel and duoprop. It's not a real fast boat, but how fast can you go in the waters off our coast anyway. Do a lot of trips to Catalina and San Clemente Island. Boat has been out of service for a few months now. I developed a leak in the fuel tank due to corrosion. Had to cut the tank out and get a new one from Parker. I'm in the process of re-installing everything now and will be glad to get back in the water. For any of you who don't know, it's very important to keep the salt water out of that fuel tank space unless you have lots of money. Hope to read & write lots of informative posts in the future. Thanks to all who put this site together.

Attachments

• lowqual.jpg
    lowqual.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 446
Now there is a model that you don't see very often!

Dave... What model Volvo diesel is in your boat, and how many do you think Parker made? (I'm guessing not many)
... and a double row of rocket launchers :!:

Very nice... :wink:

Thanks Capt Kevin. The engine is a Volvo AD41. I don't know how many Parker made. I talked to a Parker rep at a boat show who said the demand for the diesel stern drives died around 1999 - 2000. Probably due to the popularity of the 4 stroke technology. I still like the safety factor but with diesel fuel now 30 to 50 cents more per gallon than unleaded....oh well...hard to justify the cost of owning any boat now a days.

Back