What’s changed since correct craft bought Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyones feed back I would love to hear from about the change between the correct craft Parker’s and the original Parker’s. Pros and cons?

The new cc models are pre lame over alI, wonder if they will make replacing the fuel tank less of a PIA, probably not….

I have emailed CC and got replies!

CC has spent millions of plant updates and expansion.

You can buy online Parker clothing and logo items.

Boat Outfitters, Cecil Marine and Great Lakes Skipper has parts online for sale.

Fwiw CP activity has increased and I think supporting members receive free CP decals.

CC discontinued some boat models and building new ones.

CC has good financial strength and vision.

More Parker dealers esp in western US.

Last edited:
One significant change in construction on the new center consoles is the lack of wood. Parkers traditionally used 2-inch solid wooden stringers encased in three separate layers of fiberglass, but the new boats have fiberglass stringers. The stringers are hollow, but they’re 4 inches thick and filled with foam for flotation. The same construction method will be used for all upcoming models. Two more center consoles will be introduced this year—one this summer and one this fall.

I’m not opposed to glass or foam stringers so long as the basic concept of Parker is not compromised.

Strength and Seaworthiness. Personally I like the concept of a simple boat, easier clean up after a tuna blood bath and less bull shit to deal with.

Keep the glass lay up thick and keep the decks solid.

The new "Parker Offshore" that they first introduced at the Miami Boat show is garbage compared to their standard CC designs. It's a "run of the mill" production boat that basically is on par with so many other production boats. Nothing "Parker" about it.

The new "Parker Offshore" that they first introduced at the Miami Boat show is garbage compared to their standard CC designs. It's a "run of the mill" production boat that basically is on par with so many other production boats. Nothing "Parker" about it.

What model was it? I was pretty thoroughly unimpressed by the 22CC that I saw at the VA Beach show. I’d be interested to hear if they’ve since launched other models.

I have seen the new center console 22 and 24 in person. They are reworked topsides on the old 21 and 23 DV hulls. The structural support systems in these new boats are fiberglass and foam rather than wood stringers so they are faster and cheaper to make. They are middle-market "family friendly" designs that will drive hardcore fisherpersons like me nuts. No thank you.

The pilot house boat models will be maintained as long as they sell and are profitable. I expect that will revise the designs to make them less labor-intensive to build. That will mean much less wood eventually.

Customer service is now corporate - say nice things but do nothing that costs any money no matter how trivial unless there is liability. I have tried to get help with the wet deck on my 2013 23 DVCC and was met with nice foot dragging and no help. I was given a factory tour but no stringer layout, for example. Again, no thank you.

I was equally frustrated by their customer service while trying to resolve my transom void issue. I finally spoke with Eric Denton in their engineering department. He is “old school” Parker and really wants everyone to have a great experience with a Parker. I can’t get into details but even though I had already had my transom repaired on my own he really stepped and provided an outstanding customer service experience that we all expect from Parker.

I have gotten some information from Eric Denton in the distant past. More recently, he does not respond to emails. Does he still work at Parker?

Anyones feed back I would love to hear from about the change between the correct craft Parker’s and the original Parker’s. Pros and cons?
Correct Craft is a venture capital company. Their job is to buy and sell boat manufacturers. They buy, cut cost, make big profits at the company, and sell the company when profits are at their peak. Think about the upside for the consumer. None. I have 2 parkers. A 1999 23 deep vee and a 2801. Love them both but wouldn't buy one of their new boats. I live 3.5 miles from the manufacture on Hwy 101 Beaufort NC.

The reason they are changing to glass stringers is because everyone was bitching about having wood in their boats. I don't get why, the wood is totally encased in fiberglass. There is no way for them to rot unless some idiot drills a bunch of holes to install something and doent seal it correctly.

Reactions: Efx
There is no way for them to rot unless some idiot drills a bunch of holes to install something and doent seal it correctly.

I agree with you,...BUT People unknowingly do Stupid things.

But lets look at this from another view. The acquiring of the wood. The cutting of the wood. Remember when Wood skyrocketed in price?

Years ago when boat manufactures made the transition....From a Bracket on a boat to a Euro transom. [Lot's and Lots of boats are now Euro transom now a days,]

It did away with buying alum brackets from another manufacture.

They could retool the hull, already had the resign and fiberglass. It has gone crazy in the industry......For the record.....I dislike them.
A 23ft boat has the room on it of a 19 1/2ft boat......Yet sold as a 23.

Compared to a Bracket boat.....The boat is 23ft....and the addition of a Bracket....Making it's length aprox 24 1/2.

I agree with you,...BUT People unknowingly do Stupid things.

But lets look at this from another view. The acquiring of the wood. The cutting of the wood. Remember when Wood skyrocketed in price?

Years ago when boat manufactures made the transition....From a Bracket on a boat to a Euro transom. [Lot's and Lots of boats are now Euro transom now a days,]

It did away with buying alum brackets from another manufacture.

They could retool the hull, already had the resign and fiberglass. It has gone crazy in the industry......For the record.....I dislike them.
A 23ft boat has the room on it of a 19 1/2ft boat......Yet sold as a 23.

Compared to a Bracket boat.....The boat is 23ft....and the addition of a Bracket....Making it's length aprox 24 1/2.
Dusky didn't do anything to their hulls and changed the way they market their boats. The older 256 is now a 278. It went from one of the larger 25' boats in its class to one of the smaller 27s in its class. Same with the 23' boat. That's now a 25'. So, now the so called "27'" Dusky CC has a beam width at the transom of 7'. They also market this boat with a 8'-5" beam, which is very misleading. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

The reason they are changing to glass stringers is because everyone was bitching about having wood in their boats. I don't get why, the wood is totally encased in fiberglass. There is no way for them to rot unless some idiot drills a bunch of holes to install something and doent seal it correctly.
Unfortunately, not all wood in Parkers (and other makes) is encapsulated correctly or in a way that stands the test of use. My boat is an example where the deck opening under the console was not sealed with glass or resin when the boat was built.

Wood requires greater skill and care in both manufacturing and in use.

Unfortunately, not all wood in Parkers (and other makes) is encapsulated correctly or in a way that stands the test of use. My boat is an example where the deck opening under the console was not sealed with glass or resin when the boat was built.

Wood requires greater skill and care in both manufacturing and in use.
And not all fiberglass built boats are built correctly either- delamination issues have and has happened. I have never heard of any Parkers with problems. In fact you're the first one.

Back