What does your trim angle say when you're "level" with the hull?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
I'm just curious - for those of you that have a NMEA readout for your engine trim angle, where is your "level" point (neutral point)? Also include whether you have a bracket or not.

Based on a lot of playing around, mine seems was around 65% with the Honda 225 (mounted to a bracket). Interested to see what it is now with a longer shaft 250 (mounted up higher on a jack plate)

Any trim lower than 65% tends to push the bow down (especially with the Permatrim) and any setting higher than 65% seems to gradually increase liklihood of cavitation.

Why don't you look at it when it's on the trailer....Trim the engine.....Make it level.....Look at gauge

Well....You know where Zero is then........Now.....Back on the enging....where it hinges...There is a sender...It's a spring loaded arm about 1 1/4in long....There is adjustment there you can experiment with.

Well....You know where Zero is then........Now.....Back on the enging....where it hinges...There is a sender...It's a spring loaded arm about 1 1/4in long....There is adjustment there you can experiment with.

Thanks. I think with this new Honda it is “programmable” within the fly-by-wire helm control.

I’m just curious what a typical range is for people. e.g. do most peoples’ engines trim out level at nearly 70% or is something closer to 50% more “normal”? I’m really just curious and looking for empirical data with which to compare my setup. I’m not too worried about it since I’ve run it this way for 10 years or so. :)

Back