What gets factored into the sell price of a boat?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reellucky18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious as to what this forum opinion is for pricing a boat to sell.

*** MY BOAT IS NOT FOR SALE. The below is only for knowledge ***
In my case, I have a 2006 Parker 1801 with a Yamaha 150 2 stroke with about 300 hours sitting on a Venture Trailer.
Based upon that alone, & doing some searching I would guesstimate the sell price of that boat would be between $15-$20K (depending on condition, location, etc.)

Now for my real question, how much are other additions really factored into the sell price? For example, on my Parker I have added:
MotorGuide Xi5 80 lb SW 24v Trolling Motor
Lowrance HDS 12" Unit
Lowrance Fuel Flow Meter
Lowrance DrivePilot Hydraulic-Steer Pack
Fusion MS-WB670
JL Audio Speakers M3-650X-C-Gw 6.5"
2 - Lithium Batteries
1 - Interstate AGM Battery
Emergency Start Jumper
Onboard Battery Charger
FellMarine 1Mate
Lenco Trim Tabs (9"X12")
Hydraulic Steering, Trim Tab Install, Wash Down Install, Engine Maintenance
Taco Surface Mount LED Nav Lights
33" Leaning Post
New (Clear) Windshield
ROKK Wireless Active - Waterproof Wireless Phone Charger

All of the additions add up (over $17K). I am not sure what new 1801's go for, but I'd guess upper $30K - low/mid $40s?
So that being said and you had this stuff added to your 1801, what would you price it at? $29K?

Again, boat is NOT For sale as I love this boat and intend to hold onto it for a while, but I am curious how additions/customizations are factored into a boats value or sell price.

Thanks in advance & I welcome any feedback.

Pick a number and go with it. Like selling a house with a Pool, if the buyers want a pool, sure, they'll pay a little more. If they don't, they won't... You'll never get all your money back, lots of times with boats, its the add on's that attract the buyer to choose yours.

That's a tough call. When I was shopping for mine I wanted an unmolested boat as plain and original as I could get. All mine had added was the Garmin and it was/has been perfect for me. My fear is that when upgrades happen and aren't done properly the boat will suffer. Maybe not right away but 10 years after there may be water intrusion because of shoddy marina workmanship. I'm not saying yours was.
You can't price your boat on what you've spent on it. It's all about what someone will pay.
I'm jealous that you have the 150 smoker on yours.

It’s super subjective. Popular upgrades, such as your trolling motor, should add significantly to the value. Others, like electronics, tend to be a wash at best, since your preference and the buyer’s may not be the same, and the older electronics get, the less valuable they are. Best thing to do is to heavily document your upgrades; as was said above, if you can prove they were done well, it may eliminate some doubt as to the potential for future issues in the buyer’s mind.

If I ever sell my 1700, I know I’ll never get my money out of it, but at least there’s a 5-page thread on here that shows exactly how all my upgrades were done 😂

Back