What I did today

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
Removed my 2nd steering station,
And opened up the back.
Going to finish the job tomorrow.
Going to make a new door frame for the opening and make a bifold door that will look identical to the parker door, and even reuse the windows.
Then I plan to fabricate a helm seat that hindges off the port side wall.
I post some more pics when the job is done!
I think this is going to make things soo much easier when doing my 6 pack charters!

Attachments

• open back.gif
    open back.gif
    117.5 KB · Views: 13,171
Interesting effect, Ron, a sort of compromise full pilot house, canvas back cabin.

It's a lot like the local lobster boats; shelter from the weather for your cold days but open for access to the passengers.

What kind of charters do you run and from where?
I run my 2520 out of Green Harbor.

Doug

dougmacf":smr3pvq2 said:
Interesting effect, Ron, a sort of compromise full pilot house, canvas back cabin.

It's a lot like the local lobster boats; shelter from the weather for your cold days but open for access to the passengers.

What kind of charters do you run and from where?
I run my 2520 out of Green Harbor.

Doug

I run out of Quincy Ma.
I try to stay with 4 person max, but sometimes I have no choice but to take 6
I fish from cape cod bay, p town Stellwagen or out wildcat and as far north as Gloucester.
I do bass, blues, flounder, cod , school blue fin

Here is a pis of the progress on my open back project.
The pic only shows the jamb done,
But I've got the left part of the bi/fold door hung, going to attach another piano hindge the the right side of that door to complete the bi/fold door, attach all the latches and locks, cut un the origional wondows,
and then I;ll post a finished pic.

Attachments

• open back 2.gif
    open back 2.gif
    116.6 KB · Views: 13,068
I'm still working on this project to finish it up.
Have a busy week and weekend, so couldn't do much this week.
My fishing club.(Mass striped bass association) has got me busy this week with our annual MSBA sport fishing expo (at Gillette stadium)
So if there any members here in the Mass. area, come on by and say hi,
It's going to be a great show !!! :D

Holy s#!t! How did I miss this?
Looks like damm nice work Capt!
Thanks for the project photos :!:

BTW - Your helm design is very similar to mine. :D

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

hello, what does that large hatch in pilot house access? On my 02 2320 i have a 6' inspection plate that allows access to the front bilge and thats it. Just wondering why they use such a large hatch now.

Parker23":4bm760q6 said:
hello, what does that large hatch in pilot house access? On my 02 2320 i have a 6' inspection plate that allows access to the front bilge and thats it. Just wondering why they use such a large hatch now.

Thats the access hatch for the holding tank for the flushing toilet.
I hate it!!!
Would love to replace it with something better, or atleast one that is flush with the floor level!
It's a pain in the arss to keep clean also !

Megabyte":hxowautd said:
Holy s#!t! How did I miss this?
Looks like damm nice work Capt!
Thanks for the project photos :!:

BTW - Your helm design is very similar to mine. :D

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

I'll take some better pics of the dash and post them as soon as I can.
I'm fabricated a very cool grab handle/ keeper of stuff on the dash, on the port side!

Ron, really nice ideas. That is going to have much better access for you and your clients. Form follows function as they say... I can't wait to see your final pics and see how and where the door folds.

As to the hatch you keep stepping on, I bought a cheap rubber backed bathroom carpet from Target and cut it to size for my cabin. It cuts down on the noise in the cabin, softens the edges on the hatch I keep stepping on, can be hosed down or tossed at season end and replaced next year. Here is a pretty bad pic but you can get the general idea.

Attachments

• rug_1_208.jpg
    rug_1_208.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 12,929
I finished the project this weekend, Doors all hung and windows installed in the doors!
I'll post some pics very soon!

here is the pics

Attachments

• openback5.gif
    openback5.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 12,785
  • openback 4.gif
    openback 4.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 12,785
  • open back 3.gif
    open back 3.gif
    43 KB · Views: 12,785
John_Madison CT":b8fxacyk said:
Wow Wow Wow !! You should print up the blueprints for that and sell them to Parker !!
My exact thoughts :D !

Great job!

Wow! Really nice work. And I was all proud of the fore-deck anchor locker I cut in this weekend :oops:

One question: the snowstorm game...does it haunt you?

Go Pats! :twisted:

Back