what is the best hole position 4 a 250 -4 stroke 2320 parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I have a 2005 2320 pilot house with full transon. I am buying a 250 4 stroke and wanted to know were to set the motor. I have the motor showing one hole from the top now on my 200 hpdi. Should I put the new motor at the same position. ???

Hi Marty, I just purchased a 2320 with the F250B, I am amazed at the performance for such a heavy hull, I'm sure you will be pleased as well. I will have at look tomorrow and see which hole its mounted in. I would think it would be the same as your hpdi, but you never know.

Roger

the cavitation plate should be very close to the bottom of the boat. The easiest way is to make the boat on the trailer as close to level as possible --and then use a level to the bottom of the cavitation plate and with the engine at right angle to the hull

The rule of thumb for set backs is 1" higher for 1 foot set back. the engine may have to sit from one inch above to one inch below the bottom of the boat--the level is a place to start.

When running on a full plane, you like the cavitation plate to be just on the top of the water.

I have a 07 2320 with a F250 mounted in the second hole from the top. I run a Rev 4 17 pitch prop with a permatrim. The engine is mounted on a bracket.

I could go up one hole but the boat runs great. Jumps on plane. Stays on plane at low speeds (around 18-20 mph). Does not blow out in hard turns at speed. 2.5 mpg is the average.

Your mounting height will depend on your prop, how you load your boat and your driving preference. You could start with the current mounting height and adjust from there.

The 2320 with a F250 is a great combination.

Hey Marty, I checked the mounting location on my boat and its in the top hole, as low as the motor will go.
The boat is on a lift but eyeing (from 5 feet away) down the flat bottom of the keel, it looks as though the anti-ventilation plate is 2-3 inches above the keel flat.
Im no boat rigger but there would seem to be alot of variables in the equation, like exactly how high the Armatrong bracket is mounted on the boat, where the holes were drilled and as previuosly noted which prop etc. to rely on bolt hole location.
I think salbrent is right about the 1" of height for every foot of setback.
Good luck,

Roger

Back