What size Fish Finder/Chartplotter for a 2310?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaverjc

Reaction score
I have a 2310 and would like to upgrade my Fish Finder/Chartplotter. Have you guys any recommendations to what size I should get? I am planning to flush mount it above the steering wheel. Is a 12" too big? 9" just the right size? 7" the way to go? Usually bigger is better but just wanted some feedback....

you could also consider reconfiguration of the console layout to accommodate you choice and better to your liking. Like Brent said, do a mock up. Use some card board and consider moving existing guages/switches.

I have a 2005 2310. I've measured the helm area and determined it can fit a Simrad NSS12 EVO3 or EVO3S if I remove the radio and cigarette lighter. It's a tight fit, but I'm hoping it can work!

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_125120245_HDR (2).jpg
    IMG_20200905_125120245_HDR (2).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
Definitely the bigger the better, especially if using it with multiple windows. I have a 2300SE and had room for one 10" or two 9" displays. I went with two 9". I run plotter and fish finder on one and radar on the other. They are Raymarine Axiom 9" units with the Quantum2 radar - which is amazing. I run the units in other configurations too. Lots of options with two displays. IMG_0093.jpeg

I have two evo3s in my 2320, I could not image operating with a single screen, especially at night. Nice to have a full screen for radar and one for chartplotter. During the day I run one echo and the other chart plotter or echo and structure scan. My buddy had 2 10" garmins (but they didn't actually seem bigger screen real estate wise). Make sure what you get has both touch screen AND buttons/dials. Hard to control the touchscreen at speed compared to the dials.

My last Grady had a 1040xs, which went wonky. When time came to sell it last summer, I had to get a Garmin 1242xsz to fill the hole in the dash. The current 10 inch are way smaller. Took it down to MHC and consigned it the next morning. It made light, and said the driveway was 2 ft below. All I needed to know. Still have my 2017 1801, we love it. May eventually get a 2300se, which is sort of a larger 1801, but quite happy right now. Do wish this one had a 150, tho. Maybe tabs, too.

here's an interesting helm setup on a 2310 I saw for sale last Fall. Personally, I don't like it. You have to stand to drive the boat unless you are on plane

P1140590.jpg

I know this isn’t the same model (2540), but in case you were looking for ideas, i was really pleased by this formation- we added a second garmin for radar only and our installer used this “over layer” that allowed him to start with a clean slate of sorts...

Attachments

• IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to measure and see if I can squeeze in a 12". The layout on my 2310 helm is a bit short on real estate but may be able to fit one in. I was hoping to look at some stuff at the boat shows but they aren't happening this year so maybe have a summer project. Leaning towards a Simrad NSS evo 3 - I won't be needing radar.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to measure and see if I can squeeze in a 12". The layout on my 2310 helm is a bit short on real estate but may be able to fit one in. I was hoping to look at some stuff at the boat shows but they aren't happening this year so maybe have a summer project. Leaning towards a Simrad NSS evo 3 - I won't be needing radar.
let me know how it goes. I Hope to put a 12inch display in my 2310 as well

Back