What size zinc on 21 SE tabs?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Hall

Reaction score
Pretty basic question, my 2020 21SE just got pulled for it's break in service and I noticed both zincs are gone on the tabs, just a bolt remains loose.

What size zincs are others running on tabs? I don't even remember seeing these the boat is so new. (in water 6 weeks). Is that a normal pace of consumption? Kind of alarmed me, but never had tabs on previous boats so maybe that is normal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My 21 SE 1 7/8 zinc anode ...mine last all season...also check the one attached to the engine bracket...

Pig Pen":3v7etfnn said:
My 21 SE 1 7/8 zinc anode ...mine last all season...also check the one attached to the engine bracket...
Thanks. Just ordered R2 size which I hope will just barely clear in an effort to last longer. If not, I'll get more R1 and keep an eye on them.

Engine zinc looks good still.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What size zincs are others running on tabs? I don't even remember seeing these the boat is so new. (in water 6 weeks). Is that a normal pace of consumption?

Yes the R2.... BUT You have other problems. The marina your staying at has stray current in the water... It's coming from a source that needs to be found....Marina electrical or.... another vessel.
6 weeks to eat the Zinc's is FAST and actually it's eating them faster than 6 weeks. Proof by your description.... There was No zinc left at all. A zinc is sacrificial....It eats the zinc, so as not to eat the Good metal.

You have zincs inside and outside of your outboard also.

Unless the marina will work with you to find the sorce of the stray current..Get your boat the Hell out of there. As your boat WILL be eaten up and Cost you a LOT of $$$$.

FYI: Your zinc's and the contact point of them can NOT be painted to impeed electrical contact. To do so makes the useless.

I put 3" zinc plates on my tabs, after three months they are gone. My boats on a mooring. The motor zinc is slightly pitted but no where near as aggressively eaten as the tab'd zincs.
I have no idea why the difference. Basically I'm seeing the same thing as you are.

Back