WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do not open CP through you email! It can be phishing
I just now got a PM/verbal 'NSFW' email from some disgusting idiot. It appeared here, on ClassicParker... I immediately deleted it, so I have no details to share... Maybe Angie can intervene to see what's going on....
Here is what came to my email. IF YOU SEE THIS, DO NOT OPEN IT.....
1627000005615.png

Last edited:

Bluesthing

Reaction score
Do not open CP through you email! It can be phishing
I NEVER open thru an email,
I purchased an item from a member, so I looked at my messages - in the CP site, and saw a message from a scammer…

Maybe time to limit my time on this site if it’s been corrupted

GZB

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a spam 2 minutes ago. Different than yours but just a variation on the same theme.
I won't be back for a while :((

BTW - I did not open CP through email - it showed up as someone sending me a post.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a spam 2 minutes ago. Different than yours but just a variation on the same theme.
I won't be back for a while :((

BTW - I did not open CP through email - it showed up as someone sending me a post.
Mine also came through here; not originally via email....

Swatski

Reaction score
same here. spam in PM.

Don't you wish you could get your hands on those motherless [email protected]&#rs... I sometimes dream about it. very violent dreams, to be frank, lol.

Efx

Reaction score
Wow, everyone sure is sensitive to spam. Don’t we all get hundreds of this crap per day? Just delete it or ignore it. It’s not CP fault. It’s a website guys, that’s it. Words on a screen! Ok, now back to the boats. Taking the 17 to the keys today. Great conditions out there at least in lauderdale right now.

MartyL

Reaction score
I just had a conversation started with me from a username of nadred111. I happen to have my preferences setup so I get sent an email from CP when this occurs. This has definitely originated from CP, not from some random spammer on the internet.

MartyL

Reaction score
Who cares! Back to Parker discussions please, ty
I care. I think it is very useful to know when someone starts a conversation with you from a forum that you consider friendly(CP) that it is actually someone trying to deceive you for who knows what reason via your personal email.

baker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I care. I think it is very useful to know when someone starts a conversation with you from a forum that you consider friendly(CP) that it is actually someone trying to deceive you for who knows what reason via your personal email.
You can turn off that feature if you feel a threat lurking. I too received the similar email, and it took me a whole 3 seconds to figure out where it came from and who it was and what they wanted. Obviously a "scammer" became a Classic Parker member and has now sent private messages to legitimate members for gain. Hopefully the CP administration will act on our complaints, and this thread, and delete that illegitimate member. This is kinda like border security....be safe all.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just put all new registrations on manual approval. And I've banned all I could that have recently registered, that I found when looking at new members.
They are mostly from Russia. And I've been blocking some IP blocks.
Thanks for reporting them and starting this thread.